Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really wish it was just as simple as to have Canelo fight Trout and just see Mayweather vs The Ghost.

Comment

• How is February too early?? Golden Boy is breeding some b!tchez If Mayweather gives u the chance u better take it look at how long Mosley had to wait to get a fight after he declined Floyds first offer years prior because of a toothache.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        No wonder you're a Canelo fan, you think just like him.
        Yeah right......

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
          According to WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, there is a scheduling conflict which might prevent a potential fight with WBA super champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. Canelo wants to return to action on May 4th, as part of Cinco De Mayo weekend.

Canelo asked his promoter, Golden Boy Promotions to secure Mayweather for his next fight. Canelo says Mayweather wants to return on a date in February, which is far too early for the Mexican star.
          [Click Here To Read More]
          Anyone who believes this also believes in the tooth fairy, Bigfoot and the idea that Bob Arum really was planning to build a temporary stadium to host a Mayweather/Pacquaio fight. Mayweather will be fighting on Cinco De Mayo weekend just as he has virtually every year since he fought De La Hoya. It will be against Guerrerro or Alvarez. If it is against Guerrerro, that means that Alvarez will be fighting another stiff on the Mayweather undercard since GBP will never put him in the ring with Austin Trout.

Comment

• Canelo should take the payday, he even has a chance at winning

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              Are you just using Floyds name to make an excuse for fighting Cotto in May?cause what you just said made 0 sense..If Floyd was fighting in February the fight would have been announced by now and since when does Floyd fight in February?
              Good point. Alvarez is pulling an Arum. Arum: 'Mayweather woudn't respond to my countdown clock/deadline for accepting a Pacquaio fight, so Pac will have to settle for fighting Margarito.' Alvarez: 'Mayweather won't fight me in May, so I will have to settle for Cotto, the guy who lost his last two fights convincingly.'

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                how is it impossible lol?? if floyd wanted to fight in february, he could easily fight in february. I dono if he's gonna fight canelo in february, but how is a training camp which will be well over 8 weeks and a fight in feb impossible?
                Impossible NO WAY Mayweather is fighting in FEB. They need at least 3 months to promote a pay per view.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  I don't know what's more funny.......

-People thinking Floyd is actually afraid to fight Canelo
                  -Or people thinking Canelo actually deserves to fight Floyd coming off beating Mosley and Lopez

How is it ducking if Canelo has done NOTHING????
                  Floyd's last 3 fights:
                  Cotto, who hasn't won against a top fighter in like forever.
                  Ortiz, who has a 1-2 record at WW and LOST TO LOPEZ and was knocked down twice in his only win.
                  Mosley, .... Canelo beat.

I can't say if Floyd is scared or not but I agree that Canelo is still young and should be fighting some more (and often) against top level 154lb fighters before taking on Floyd. Then we can be sure that he is ready (or not).

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                    Yup, just one of the few reasons why I stopped being a huge Floyd fan myself, his fanatics are like a cult.
                    Only on this forum. Thank goodness some of us have lives outside.

PS, this fool isn't fighting in Feb. We all know he fights for money and February isn't a PPV draw like May or September.

No one has heard anything from Mayweather in a long time, what makes people think he's fighting so soon?

He's officially a part time fighter as far as I"m concerned.

Comment

• Floyd is afraid. Period.

Comment

Working...
                      X