Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't see why Mayweather wants a February fight.

Comment

• What's the problem with February? It's not like Alvarez is fighting this week he fought almost 3 months ago. Canelo is young enough where he can fight in Feb and then again in May unless he totally gets destroyed. I support Canelo 100% but Floyd is the boss right now, and if he agrees to give a chance to fight him on a Tuesday morning, you f@kn take it. It's still a big payday no matter what month it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
        I like Canelo and every time I watch him he seems very level headed and strikes me as a thinking fighter. I really don't know that he is ready for Floyd but I also don't think Floyd can KO him. Who knows. If Floyd wanted to fight a young lion then Canelo is the youngest and most dangerous one- it would certainly make a statement for Floyd to beat him. And obviously that goes the other way too x1,000.

I'm not mad if Canelo doesn't fight Trout, I wouldn't. I wouldn't do the Cotto fight either at this point though. I don't see why he wouldn't maybe consider fighting Robert Guerrero? I know he'd have to move up but I bet he'd be willing to do it. That would also be pretty big on Cinco de Mayo- right?

I hated to see Cotto lose on Saturday. He should make a catch-weight 150 lbs. fight next time out. He's in an awkward spot with his age and size.
        No wonder you're a Canelo fan, you think just like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          Hey he does over a million everytime out,if it aint broke why fix it
          So the fans could see him fight more often?
          Almost sounds like you are happy with anything Floyds decides to do. As if him making money has anything to do with you

Comment

• Originally posted by RockyB View Post
            So the fans could see him fight more often?
            Almost sounds like you are happy with anything Floyds decides to do. As if him making money has anything to do with you
            A lot of them think they are on his payroll for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              A lot of them think they are on his payroll for some reason.
              They're so immersed in their worship of the guy that they've completely adopted his way of thinking as their own.

The logic goes something like this for them:

1. I love Floyd

2. I love watching Floyd fight

3. Floyd fighting less makes Floyd more money (apparently)

4. I love Floyd more than I love watching Floyd fight

5. I support Floyd's decision to fight less

Then they normally accuse other people of being obsessed with his personality and not being real boxing fans like they are.

Comment

• This makes sense for Golden Boy. Mayweather can fight whenever and it will be a successful PPV. Canelo fighting Cotto on May 4th around Cinco de Mayo will be a successful PPV and will prepare Canelo a bit more for a Mayweather showdown in September on Mexican Independence day. If Mayweather decides to step up and fight Guerrero these two fights will both be competitive. Have the winners fight in September.

Comment

• Doesn't seem likely.

1st weekend of Feb 2013 = Superbowl.
                  3rd weekend of Feb 2013 = Valentines.

And the whole month is packed with NBA, NHL, and NCAA basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    They're so immersed in their worship of the guy that they've completely adopted his way of thinking as their own.

The logic goes something like this for them:

1. I love Floyd

2. I love watching Floyd fight

3. Floyd fighting less makes Floyd more money (apparently)

4. I love Floyd more than I love watching Floyd fight

5. I support Floyd's decision to fight less

Then they normally accuse other people of being obsessed with his personality and not being real boxing fans like they are.
                    Yup, just one of the few reasons why I stopped being a huge Floyd fan myself, his fanatics are like a cult.

Comment

• Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
                      Yup, just one of the few reasons why I stopped being a huge Floyd fan myself, his fanatics are like a cult.
                      Interesting. I doubt anyone posts about Floyd as much as you do. I'd say you're still a pretty big fan. One of the biggest on this site.

Comment

Working...
                      X