No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    You must first understand how boxers like Floyd are paid. Floyd basically gets a couple million every few months, like an allowance, so he can't spend up all his money like you think. Floyd also has investments in real estate and also is a angel investor. Floyd's house is paid off. He doesn't need endorsements, Floyd can always sell a Maybach or phantom or two to raise funds (he just sold his SOTA Studio) as a matter of fact a lot of those fancy cars Floyd has are leases, Floyd's not as dumb with money as you think he is, and he also wins the majority of his bets.
    How do you know this? I find that highly questionable, and if so, he has managed to do something 99.9% of gamblers havent.

Without being disrespectful to you, I think you believe a little too much of what comes out of Floyd's mouth and management team. I hope the guy has invested his money wisely, but even if he has, he is going to have to make some major adjustments to his lifestyle and spending habits once he can fight no longer. With an ego that size, I cant see him doing that too comfortably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Punching Diva View Post
      Guerrero just beat two back to back ww dumbass. No one at ww can say that. Aydin was the #1 contender and ghost sent him home making him the mandatory to fight Floyd. Floyd vs Guerrero makes perfect sense after the beat down Guerrero just put on berto's ass. The Mexican fans want to see Guerrero (the true warrior) put another beat down on a flashy fighter who talks s hi t. WAR GUERRERO!!!
      You are a nob. Aydin and berto are both shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
        No, what I clearly indicated is that THE MAJORITY of people want SUPERFIGHTS and most want to see Pac, Martinez or Canelo over Guerrero. And Floyd is not obligated to fight Guerrero beyond a 147 belt plus he is a top 154 pound fighter and can fight there. Guerrero is not where the money is so if Floyd picks him, the reason is obvious.
        so what your saying is WHO CARES WHOS EARNED IT AS LONG AS THEY BRING IN MONEY?! Martinez is a superfight but when did he become a major draw?

Comment

• Originally posted by Punching Diva View Post
          Guerrero makes perfect sense
          "Perfect Sense" But not Dollars. And there lies the dividing line on who Floyd Picks and why. Guerrero is one of my favorite fighters and Floyd is my least favorite but who Floyd choses determines his true motivation. Floyd needs a good humbling but I cant see Guerrero providing that. I would love to be wrong.

Comment

• If I am Al Haymon...I would much rather try to save Canelo for Trout personally and I would tell them, if he wants Mayweather then he has to Beat Trout!

Guerrero is a better boxer and more proven then Canelo...WTF has Canelo done to even deserve a shot at Mayweather? At least Guerrero EARN HIS WAY to a shot at Mayweather! How about Canelo fighting some of the top fighters in your Division first like Trout then if you win that then he gets Mayweather...why is Canelo getting a PASS and being allowed to just jump to the Top without ever proving himself? I don't get the double standard for Canelo by some fans but your bashing Broner ever chance you get and you discredit him and his level of competition, at least Broner is fighting the best fighters in his Division...this guy haven't fought ANYBODY AT 154!

Mayweather should fight Bradley or Guerrero then fight Pacquiao, Canelo should fight Trout next!
            Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• This time FLOYD has to fight someone who comes to fight:GUERRERO or CANELO are both hungry,not like SHANE,ORTIZ and COTTO.

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                How do you know this? I find that highly questionable, and if so, he has managed to do something 99.9% of gamblers havent.
                I completely agree with you on that. Floyd is the type of person that would never admit he loses more than he wins. Anyone that believes him is doing so because they want to believe him.

Comment

• I can't understand for the life of me why these guys can't digest that as the B-side of the event, you don't get to call the shots. Pac has been the same way. Setting and date and telling Mayweather to take it or leave it. If Canelo truly wants to fight Floyd, he needs to simply agree to do it in Feb and keep pushing. I mean, what other options does he have? From where I'm sitting, his only other choices are to either get beaten up by Trout or recycle Cotto in a fight no one wants to see.

Comment

• There goes the first roadblock to duck Canelo. Let's wait for the next one...

Typical of Froid "I will clean the sport of boxing" PEDweather quack ways of ducking.

Comment

• Floyd won't fight at all next year because of Thomas Hauser

Comment

Working...
                      X