No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: Mayweather Jr. Looking To Fight in February

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    how is it impossible lol?? if floyd wanted to fight in february, he could easily fight in february. I dono if he's gonna fight canelo in february, but how is a training camp which will be well over 8 weeks and a fight in feb impossible?
    as others have said if Floyd fights in Feb, that likely wouldn't be enough time to promote the fight

unless it's on regular HBO Early/mid February wouldn't be enough time to properly promote a Floyd Fight

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    If Larry said so then it must be true.

you do know from now to feb its plenty of time to promote and train right?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    plenty of time to train ... sure, certainly

but to hype a big time fight? I don't think so

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Golovkin, Geale, Pirog, and Quillin. Those should be his next 4 fights.

But why's he fighting Murray and than a Chavez rematch???
    because realistically Martinez isn't going to fight Mayweather, Manny or another huge name

so why not go with a guaranteed payday with that Chavez Jr rematch?

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      Gambling and lottery soda aint gonna buy many Maybach's. Where else does he get money from? The guy is at the pinnacle of his craft and has virtually no endorsements because no big company is going to touch him with a barge pole. Does he seem like he is wise with his cash to you??
      You must first understand how boxers like Floyd are paid. Floyd basically gets a couple million every few months, like an allowance, so he can't spend up all his money like you think. Floyd also has investments in real estate and also is a angel investor. Floyd's house is paid off. He doesn't need endorsements, Floyd can always sell a Maybach or phantom or two to raise funds (he just sold his SOTA Studio) as a matter of fact a lot of those fancy cars Floyd has are leases, Floyd's not as dumb with money as you think he is, and he also wins the majority of his bets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
        His 36th birthday
        Right but Floyd also said the same thing last year that he would fight in Feb on his birthday, but inbetween the NCAA march madness and amount of time it takes to build up a fight with someone of Floyd stature, I doubt he will be able to secure a February date for a fight due to it being right around the corner.

Comment

• February is right around the corner. I have a hard time believing Floyd is hell bent on fighting in 2 months.

Comment

• This could have been put out just to create fan speculation. At this point I believe nothing until a fight is announced. Feb does not seem possible for Floyd---more like mid march if not may 4th. Stick to welterweight Floyd...Guererro then Pac in 2013 then call it quits. he did look slower in both of his last fights also..probably the result of those long layoffs accumulating with age. Floyd is past prime and should stay away from punching power like Canelo. I'd love to see it happen though.

Comment

• Sounds like another classic Floyd-Roid smoke screen to me. Maybe Roid's is really looking to bend over for arum and fight tiny Tim Bradley in February. But I doubt it it's probably just another Floyd-roid smoke screen. Or maybe Roidweather does want to fight Bradley and follow in the footsteps of Pacman once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                Right but Floyd also said the same thing last year that he would fight in Feb on his birthday, but inbetween the NCAA march madness and amount of time it takes to build up a fight with someone of Floyd stature, I doubt he will be able to secure a February date for a fight due to it being right around the corner.
                Remember Floyd was sentenced at first to go to jail January 6th for 90 days.

Comment

• Floyd can fight in February. He might be fighting Bradley and the fight being announce after Pac vs JMM. February is Black History Month in the US, so it makes some sense if he is trying to promote the fight around that historical month.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                    Remember Floyd was sentenced at first to go to jail January 6th for 90 days.
                    Floyd will not be fighting in February. mm k?

Comment

• Not really terrible. Floyd is NOT gonna fight in february. He will fight in May like he always does. Danny garcia has been on a roll of fighting every three months and is tailor made for floyd. Garcia will be hit with straight rights all night everytime he throws that wide left hook. Floyd hates pressure fighters and thats why he wont fight guerrero. Garcia is easy an fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X