Comments Thread For: Canelo-Cotto Still Very Much a Reality, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sucks, Trout deserves a shot.

Comment

If Trout wants Canelo he can't sit around waiting for a shot thinking he deserves it. Boxing isn't about deserves it is about making something happen and creating demand.

Beating Cotto is a certainly a step in the right direction but he needs to keep beating people up and taking names until he can't be ignored any longer.

Hopefully Trout makes some things happen for himself there are plenty of solid 154 guys he can use to create a true presence in the sport

Comment

Nobody wants to watch this bullshyt fight!

Give me Floyd vs. Canelo.... NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
          Lou DiBella said it best, Cotto eats punches. His face his a mess after every fight. Against these bigger guys his power hasn't been able to translate. He never hurt Trout once, he never bruised him or anything. Canelo hits way harder than Trout and he's going to stop Cotto.
          It did not translate against the oak-like Trout but he stopped Mayorga, Margarito and Foreman.

I think Canelo would feel Cotto's punches in a way Trout did not, Miguel's brother Jose had Canelo hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            It did not translate against the oak-like Trout but he stopped Mayorga, Margarito and Foreman.

I think Canelo would feel Cotto's punches in a way Trout did not, Miguel's brother Jose had Canelo hurt.
            Mayorga quit, he mysteriously hurt his arm but he took most of Cottos big shots well. Margarito was easy pickings, pot shot that eye and Foreman well he hurt his leg which was pre-existing and fought like a warrior but easily outclassed by Cotto's boxing skills.

I think Canelo hasn't really been tested but he has improved, I think it will be a fairly comfortable win for Canelo, the Cotto I saw against trout looked slow and lost, but again styles to make fights.

Comment

On paper I think that's true as 2 losses are 2 losses, but in the ring I think Cotto completely outboxes Canelo.

No way. Name your price on that one. Cotto will get smashed up.

But i hope this fight never goes off. Cotto needs to be at the back of the line.

Comment

Foreman broke his knee or he would have gotten a distance beatdown, margs was worthless after pac broke his face, and mayorga, c'mon man.

Comment

Cotto went to war with Mayorga, he would lose to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    Cotto lost convincingly to Austin Trout... he is no longer elite in that division. Austin Trout is a great fighter, he makes good fighters look ordinary, but Cotto lost convincingly and if you are considered elite you can't get blown out like that. Did you see their faces? Cotto was bruised up, Trout had no marks or anything.

Cotto simply can't compete with the great fighters at 154. If he were to fight Canelo, Canelo would knock him out. Probably within 8 rounds. He wouldn't hurt Canelo and he would eat all of his punches.

Canelo should be fighting Trout or winner of Lara/Vanes. Those 3 are legit.

Right now Cotto has become a resume builder.

Exactly!!

The thing is Cotto could have changed all this temporarily by understanding that "styles make fights." Trout was a horrible choice for him. He could have been elite for a few more fights and maybe even made life rough for Canelo...though eventually Canello gets to him. But now? the book is out on Cotto.....He ain't physical enough or strong enough to go up and fight Canelo's comp, and having lost two fights he has become a gatekeeper.

Comment

Canelo/Cotto makes business but I rather see Alvarez fight a top 154 fighter.

Cotto lost a lot of negotiating power for that fight. Not only in losing but not gettng the title will put him in the back seat of negtiating a Canelo fight.

I wouldn't be suprised if team Cotto exercise the rematch clause

Comment

Working...
                      X