No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
    Needs to get fed to Canelo while he still has namesake.
    That makes no sense...

Cotto is a 154 lb fighter who just lost. Chances are Canelo is going to go after a 147 lb fighter who just lost. ENTER BERTO

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      That makes no sense...

Cotto is a 154 lb fighter who just lost. Chances are Canelo is going to go after a 147 lb fighter who just lost. ENTER BERTO
      Lol...i disagree

Berto's too young

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
        Cotto still has alot left to give. With that said, i dont want to see him taking any fights at 154. Canelo would be a good stylistic matchup, but cotto doesnt need that fight for the very potential punishment. All the other fights at 154 are irrelevant imo, and do nothing but put cotto as a stepping stone for others. He doesnt win much, and potentially loses alot with these fights.

At 147 tho, theres plenty of good fights for him to add to his legacy. Guerrero, pacquiao, marquez, bradley, etc. These are all fights he could easily win, and would be big for his legend and pocket.

I guess we just live in the day and age of adhd. Cotto loses to potentially the greatest fighter of our generation....and people deem cotto as overrated/shot/over the hill/etc. Next, he loses to a much bigger, undefeated young and hungry champion, and the same sentiments are repeated. Who knows how history will remember trout, or how great he actually. But cotto still has much more in the tank imo, and mentally he is not done.

Id much rather cotto fight a few more times, and be mentally and spiritually ready to hang up the gloves, than to retire prematurely and come back years later in much worse shape. The latter is a joke and depressing.
        Originally posted by Boxingwizard View Post
        Move down to 147 try and get a rematch with either Pacquiao or Mayweather. If he can't, then maybe he should retire.
        going to 147 now would make him a hypocrite....he said 150 was to low to fight Manny

Comment

Fight either Bundrage or Baysangurov (mayber both) and retire with a win and a title.

Comment

That makes no sense...

Wrong that is total bull****...........he will try to fight a 140 pounder who just lost and who is also old..enter Guzman

Comment

How about Cotto vs. Bundrage in Puerto Rico?

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                going to 147 now would make him a hypocrite....he said 150 was to low to fight Manny
                I think in this regard, cotto is just a tad lazy and/or conceited. Hed definitely have to restrict his calories, but he could healthily make it imo.

As far as if that would make him a hypocrite....idk....and dont really care. Things change, and a bump in the road of miguels career has appeared.

Comment

That makes no sense...

Even better, the drug cheat gets another vicious beat down.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                    Lol...i disagree
                    Berto's too young
                    This is tough, 147 lb figher, just lost, older then 35. hmmmmm

Comment

This is tough, 147 lb figher, just lost, older then 35. hmmmm

Lmao, now we're talking

Comment

Working...
                      X