• Show
Clear All

Cotto vs Canelo better be on NBC channel 4 not pay per view

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
      lose 2 fights in a row. Get a title shot
      After every loss, cotto gets a title shot. Jennings, Foreman and Trout

Comment

NOW they consider feeding Cotto to Canelo...

Have to admit, would watch this fight though!

Comment

Fight was close no way it was wide for either guy it could have gone either way by 1 or 2 points for either fighter the rounds were all close except for maybe 1 or 2 rounds

Comment

If Cotto wants to continue he needs to go back to 147 and face ghost/Marquez/Bradley/Berto/Ortiz/Maidana. All winnable fights.

I don't buy the fact that he can't make 147, he looked soft last night and I always thought it was more of an excuse for the Pac performance then not being able to make the limit. Get a nutritionist and he can do it.

Cotto v Canelo is just typical cynical boxing matchmaking.

Comment

Originally posted by shemmue View Post
              At the end of the day its about the bottom line $$$$, Did trout beat Cotto yes does he deserve to fight Canelo sure on HBO or Showtime championship boxing, like Bradley, Trout will not sell PPV nobody is running out to purchase a 60.00 $ PPV with them as headliners. A Cotto vs. Canelo fight would double or triple sells of what a Canelo vs. Trout PPV would do ...Like I said at the end of the day its about the all mighty dollar.
              IMHO Canelo isn't worth PPV money either. I understand he has a lot of momentum behind him, but unless he fights Floyd or Martinez, his fights arent PPV worthy.

Comment

is cotto the new zab judah?

Comment

I called this last night..I said it and here it is..i've also said it Schaeffer is Arum 2.0 with better manners..as long as its not ppv i'll watch but I don't think Cotto has it in him at this point to beat Canelo.

Comment

schaefer is disgusting...he's no better than arum that's for sure. give him another 5-10 years in the fight promotion business and he could even be worse.

Comment

This isn't surprising. Arum said he was reluctant to make Martinez vs Chavez Jr cause he was chicken. This the case with all promoters.

Canelo vs Cotto will be made, it will sell, it will be bloody toe to toe action and there is nothing we can do about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X