Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Canelo vs. Cotto Bout is Still Possible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason why they want to make the Cotto vs Canelo is because of the fans and the money. it would be a whole lot more then Canelo vs Trout that's for sure. But even though Cotto lost its not like he lost in horrible fashion, but I do think Canelo finishes off Cotto pretty bad, only because Cotto don't follow up with combos and Canelo has plenty of Combos with those big bombs of his.
    Last edited by Toltec77; 12-02-2012, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      After every loss, cotto gets a title shot. Jennings, Foreman and Trout
      If Margarito got his title shots even though he was caught with plaster why not Cotto that didn't lose horribly, he just got out box a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        Fight was close no way it was wide for either guy it could have gone either way by 1 or 2 points for either fighter the rounds were all close except for maybe 1 or 2 rounds
        hey I agree with you, its not like Cotto got out boxed horribly, he got boxed a bit, but he can still fight Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by ergheiz View Post
          LOL at Schaefer defending Cotto instead of his own company's fighter.The things he must do for money.
          Golden Boy doesnt represent Trout, Greg Cohen does........

Comment

Would not be shocked if that fight was already signed, sealed and delivered before the Trout fight

A win over Cotto does absolutely NOTHING for Canelo now

Comment

I don't see Austin Trout in GBP's list of fighters on their website.

He is a Haymon fighter though.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Would not be shocked if that fight was already signed, sealed and delivered before the Trout fight

A win over Cotto does absolutely NOTHING for Canelo now
                This is false. It would actually be the best win of his career by far. And although he dropped down in the rankings, i'm sure The Ring will still keep him in the top 10.

A lot of people will say Canelo is ducking Trout, but as a Canelo fan I do not care about that. I want to see the better fight, the fight that will have more action. And I am some one who prefers the defensive style over the brawler. But I just can't think of a better match up than Canelo vs Cotto, and Trout winning "widely" doesn't change that one bit.

Forget Canelo-Trout, but if it does get signed then fine, I think Canelo wins that. It's all about Canelo for me, I had no dog in that fight [Trout-Cotto], I just wanted to see Canelo-Cotto. I think Canelo beats them both, first Cotto and then Trout because Trout is slightly better than Cotto and he's only 22; they should bring him up slowly. Cotto is a huge step up however.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  This is false. It would actually be the best win of his career by far. And although he dropped down in the rankings, i'm sure The Ring will still keep him in the top 10.

A lot of people will say Canelo is ducking Trout, but as a Canelo fan I do not care about that. I want to see the better fight, the fight that will have more action. And I am some one who prefers the defensive style over the brawler. But I just can't think of a better match up than Canelo vs Cotto, and Trout winning "widely" doesn't change that one bit.

Forget Canelo-Trout, but if it does get signed then fine, I think Canelo wins that. It's all about Canelo for me, I had no dog in that fight [Trout-Cotto], I just wanted to see Canelo-Cotto. I think Canelo beats them both, first Cotto and then Trout because Trout is slightly better than Cotto and he's only 22; they should bring him up slowly. Cotto is a huge step up however.
                  Well your admittedly at Canelo fan so naturally your Opinion is an will always be Bias towards Canelo even without trying to be

but when Canelo is doing at the moment is DUCKING and CHERRY PICKING, I think it is more so Oscar and GBP doing it for him though, I don't think it is him personally at 22 years old demand or turning down fights...but the mistake GBP made with Canelo was putting the WBC Title around his waist, that put a Target on a young fighter that is clearly not ready for any of the REAL Light Middleweights in the Division

So yeah go ahead and beat on a OLD Cotto that is fine, but he can't run and GBP can't protect him for ever, eventually he will have to fight Trout, Lara, Molina, Vanes and guys like that, until then I just cannot take him all that Serious and he is certainly not the #1 fighters at 154 especially when he haven't even fought any of them, he is just a man walking around with a WBC Title that was basically handed to him

Oh and by the way...I think Trout has a easier time with Canelo then he did with Cotto, Canelo does absolutely nothing that can give Trout problems...what he has some Power? OK? What Else? And his Power is not even devastating, how many times did Josesito get up from being Knocked Down by Canelo? And Josesito was basically a Light Weltweight
                  Last edited by sicko; 12-02-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                    trout stylewise was a more difficult fight for cotto than canelo would be...not saying trout is a better fighter but his odd counterpunching, footwork, workrate and stamina were nightmare for cotto last night

canelo doesnt have much head movement, he doesnt move around a lot and doesnt have the greatest stamina or workrate...he is however big for the division and a very strong and accurate puncher

its a bad fight for miguel imho because canelo would likely beat cotto at this point just not as easily as people think
                    Canelo now beats Cotto at any point of Cotto's time at jr.middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                      Schaefer tell Canelo to stop ducking Austin Trout
                      Schaefer tell Fraud Roidweather to stop ducking Austin "no Doubt" Trout !

Comment

Working...
                      X