Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT ARE THEY MISSING Vol 3: Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matthyse is far more aggressive after the robberies. I remember watching the Alexander fight thinking he was winning, but not as busy as he could be. That has changed.

Comment

he's missing paid off judges like judah and alexander

Comment

mexican blood cause if so, he would have been on top and had massive support and the alexander and judah fight would have been in LA and he wouldent have gotten rob and we be talking about the most feared guy in 140 that is also undefeated but since he aint got mexican blood he is where he is.

He a beast no change needed.

Comment

I feel the robberies have brought the best out of him. I like everything about the guy, he could perhaps be doing with a little extra speed but that is all.
          Whilst he isn't the fastest guy out there he does have good timing and places his shots superbly.

Wouldn't change a thing, hes an animal.

Comment

He's missing the machine behind him. He's not a big draw, doesn't have a huge fanbase and isn't a household name in the sport. Unfortunately it takes more than your performances inside of the ring to be a star in boxing.

He's going to be ducked as a high risk/low reward type of fighter until he grabs hold of a title. Looks like he'll get that shot next year.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              He's missing the machine behind him. He's not a big draw, doesn't have a huge fanbase and isn't a household name in the sport. Unfortunately it takes more than your performances inside of the ring to be a star in boxing.

He's going to be ducked as a high risk/low reward type of fighter until he grabs hold of a title. Looks like he'll get that shot next year.

Seems hard out there for an argentinian these days. Can these guys even win decisions? Or get support?

Comment

solid all around fighter. if i had to nitpick it would have to be his defense. he has the fundamentals down but, he still gets hit quite often. that's just his style though. he can certainly take a punch. he's picked up his activity since judah so i don't think it's a real issue anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
                  Seems hard out there for an argentinian these days. Can these guys even win decisions? Or get support?
                  Well for one, if you want to make a name for yourself by fighting in opponents back yards, you better come out of the gates on fire. But Matthysse has become a better fighter since his two defeats and he has put himself in position to win a title in 2013.

I think he's on the right track right now. Be patient, build the fight up by putting him on the undercard of Garcia vs. Judah to expose him to a bigger audience and give him his title shot in the summer.

Comment

judah fight was close. he got robbed versus alexander no question. i don't see how anybody could have devon winning more than 2 rounds unless you're a hardcore alexander fan.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Well for one, if you want to make a name for yourself by fighting in opponents back yards, you better come out of the gates on fire. But Matthysse has become a better fighter since his two defeats and he has put himself in position to win a title in 2013.

I think he's on the right track right now. Be patient, build the fight up by putting him on the undercard of Garcia vs. Judah to expose him to a bigger audience and give him his title shot in the summer.
                      Well, that's where I disagree. Matthysse is the more proven fighter than Garcia, has fought the better fighters..beaten the better fighters. You don't really think it's because of a lack of what Matthysse is doing, do you? It's all promoting in this day and age. Doesn't matter if you're the terminator if you can't get the full backing of your promoter who puts more energy into somebody else in the division. Garcia isn't exactly a huge name either and he's fighting in his home country against Judah...who already fought Lucas. He's being exposed to the same crowd who saw him fight Judah lol. The only thing that will happen is people will say "I want to see that Matthysse guy fight Garcia"..and that will just be the people who see that fight....which will more likely than not be the same people already saying they should fight. He's getting the Lara treatment...maybe worse...except Canelo is a huge name already. Garcia is at a point where if he loses to Matthysse, they still save face because the winner of that fight is where it's at. It's dat favoritism bro.
                      Last edited by NearHypnos; 11-30-2012, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X