Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Guzman win the IBF title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micky Ward looks really well. Looks surprisingly young actually.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I checked out there rankings and it says he's #22 in their top 100 at 140. It could just be that he doesn't want to pay the fee. I don't get it though, as unimportant as the IBO is, that would give him two titles if he wins. I guess you could say the IBO comes right after the 4 major titles, and right before the NABF. I mean in a time where "He needs a title" is some boxers excuses, it wouldn't hurt to have two titles.
      Guzman needs to attractive pieces to lure the big fights. Since the WBA title is already on the line, the IBO wouldn't serve its purpose oecause it's still considered a fringe title. It wouldn't be worth the cost.

Comment

WOW awesome uppercut KO by Guzman!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Acquinity Sports has gone all in on Guzman and he looks strong. If Guzman stays focused, he can outclass Khabib, if he doesn't, he can get caught and/or lose rounds here and there. I think Guzman loses a couple of rounds because of an occasional lack of focus he's prone to, but he'll outclass Khabib for the majority of the fight. I want to see Joan use his aggressiveness in spots to switch up the tempo. We'll see...

Comment

Guzman looks to be in good shape

Comment

Guzman coming in with DMX, what a bad-ass!

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                Acquinity Sports has gone all in on Guzman and he looks strong. If Guzman stays focused, he can outclass Khabib, if he doesn't, he can get caught and/or lose rounds here and there. I think Guzman loses a couple of rounds because of an occasional lack of focus he's prone to, but he'll outclass Khabib for the majority of the fight. I want to see Joan use his aggressiveness in spots to switch up the tempo. We'll see...
                I really hope he wins. It will be the first win in years that he will give me something to cheer about. He'll position himself nicely at the 140 division if he can win. I hope he gets a TKO or completely dominates this guy. But like I said before, I am scared about his age failing him at this point. This is about the age where top fighters become has-beens. Guzman will have no one to blame but himself for that. He's done good though, 4 fights in 2 years.

Comment

Guzman came out to DMX, aww SHIT!

Comment

Khabib is the perfect fighter to show if Guzman is done. Young, undefeated, ranked higher, has beaten other old fighters, and has sneaky power that can knock you down but it does not show on his record.

Tough fight for Guzman. I hope he dominates.

Comment

Luis Pabon the referee, isn't he related to Jesus Pabon? Who Guzman knocked out in his last fight...

Comment

Working...
                      X