Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hate for Cotto on the island...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was so happy when they announce that the fight would be on regular Showtime and now this ****? If everyone had to pay I would have no problem, even tho this fight is not a ppv fight. But to discriminate againts your own people? **** no.

Comment

I have to agree, a little greedy on his part. I mean it's a free fight (well HBO) and he wants to charge his own people PPV fees?

Wow, that's not cool at all.

Comment

Where is Mr. Fantastic when you need him? lol

Comment

I posted this yesterday in response to another poster making the same statement..

I understand everyone is trying to save money cause I am too, but why not just buy it? I'm from the island but I live in the US now. My sister, mom, grandma, dad, cousins, nephews, nieces, everyone lives in PR still. One thing that I'm sick of and my family does it too, is government handouts. People over there have the wrong mentality. In order to move ahead don't wait for the government to give you stuff, go out and get it yourself. How many free fights have people gotten from the champ? Now he's charging for one and he's on people's shit list? Get a few people together, pay for it and support our fellow boxers!

Cotto was just in a PPV and people didn't have a problem paying for it. What's the big deal with paying for one now? I'm serious I would love to see my people move forward and have the fire that we used to have but too many people on the island are perfectly content with the government giving them everything for free. If we all did that, how can we move forward? How can everyone get everything for free if no one worked?

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            thats messed up. And its not the same watching it for free the next day. Especially when you catch wind of who won!
            I avoid Facebook and boxing scene so I don't know the results.

Originally posted by borikua View Post
            Try to do that **** to New York residents only to see what happens...
            Nothing happens. They just go to the fight for $50.

Comment

Where is Mr. Fantastic when you need him? lol
              Don't worry, he's ordering some Cotto Ecko shirts so he can cheerlead tomorrow. He'll be here any moment now hating on Cotto but secretly blowing kisses to his Cotto screensaver

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
                I posted this yesterday in response to another poster making the same statement..

I understand everyone is trying to save money cause I am too, but why not just buy it? I'm from the island but I live in the US now. My sister, mom, grandma, dad, cousins, nephews, nieces, everyone lives in PR still. One thing that I'm sick of and my family does it too, is government handouts. People over there have the wrong mentality. In order to move ahead don't wait for the government to give you stuff, go out and get it yourself. How many free fights have people gotten from the champ? Now he's charging for one and he's on people's shit list? Get a few people together, pay for it and support our fellow boxers!

Cotto was just in a PPV and people didn't have a problem paying for it. What's the big deal with paying for one now? I'm serious I would love to see my people move forward and have the fire that we used to have but too many people on the island are perfectly content with the government giving them everything for free. If we all did that, how can we move forward? How can everyone get everything for free if no one worked?
                Cotto's last PPV was against Floyd, Trout is almost an unknown. It's the principle that everywhere else Showtime will be airing it and he is milking his PR fans that support him the most.

Comment

Actually, it's free everywhere but here in PR.
                  its on boxnation here, its not a ppv but its on a £10 a month channel.

Comment

Try to do that **** to New York residents only to see what happens...
                    I'll tell you what would happen..the real fans would talk ****.....then pay for the fight

Comment

I would do the same thing if I am only getting paid $1 mil while Berto and Guerrero are making more than me and they can't even get more than 5,000 people in attendance while I get more than 10k in my worst day.

Comment

Working...
                      X