Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Prime Ricky Hatton vs. Miguel Cotto at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Cotto really a natural 147 fighter, Hatton 140

Both looked well sub par in each others division, but as cotto ended up in his natural weight class while Hatton moved into a weight class he was too small for Hatton looking bad is much more fresh

This, plus Hatton being British = cotto wins fantasy poll, and it's as simple as that
    These threads are full of nothing but uninformed opinion

Personally either could win, pends on who has the better night
    It's definitely wrong to just dismiss Hatton the way so many do, but I think that has more to do with the overrating of Cotto that happens around here. They are pretty much the same level fighter, and I completely agree that the winner would depend on who was better that night. Either way, it would be close and a great fight.
    Last edited by bojangles1987; 11-29-2012, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Been done a thousand times already. Most pick Cotto because they forget that Cotto had a weak chin at 140.
      That was near the end of his 140 run, when he had outgrown the division. Early at 140 he took a couple of solid shots from Bailey without flinching.

Comment

Cotto by KO rd9. Hatton is way too overrated. His claim to fame was tiring the hell out of Kostya Tsyzu by hitting and holding him for 11 rounds. Big deal. Cotto was a little monster at 140lbs that had a nasty body shot and loved when fighters would get in close to him so he could land it as well as the left hook to the face. I think Hatton would have been eating shots by Cotto all night trying to get inside. Cotto was on par with the Terminator back then. Remember the way he disfigured faces? Hit you until your arm fell off(Gianbronco)? Just a brutal fighter back then.

Comment

No way Hatton's skin holds up to the beating a 140 pound Cotto dished before he felt too big for the class. He was a bull in this class and the only guy to "knock" him down was Torres, which was clearly a pull down of a pretty hurt Cotto. Corley rocked him, but he fought through it. Hatton fights nothing like them. He would get close, right Cotto's range for his left hook to body. He'd get hit and would have to watch tiring out from Hatton's infighting and clinching style.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            It's definitely wrong to just dismiss Hatton the way so many do, but I think that has more to do with the overrating of Cotto that happens around here. They are pretty much the same level fighter, and I completely agree that the winner would depend on who was better that night. Either way, it would be close and a great fight.
            wow lost all respect for u with this dumb post. I'm.not even a cotto fan but hes much better than hatton

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
              Off the top of my head. Ricardo Torres dropped him in the 2nd round. Demarcus Corley rocked him so hard he hid behind the ref, although he didnt fall. Thats all I got off the top of my head.
              Thanks for providing MULTIPLE fighters..

Corley also rocked Mayweather and has given problems to top names in the game..

Cotto's been dropped by Torres, Margarito and Pacquiao..all who in their own right possess the power to knock anyone out cold at any given moment..

Also don't forget that Cotto fought Bailey at 140 and was caught flush plenty of times and didn't buckle one bit..Cotto broke buddy down!..

He's never been "chinny"..he has gotten caught and weathered the storms..it happens..but to consider him chinny when he's never been dropped cold is dumb as hell..

Berto is chinny..
              Gamboa is chinny..
              Rigondeaux is chinny..

Those are chinny boxers who've been wobbled and/or dropped by lesser fighters a few times..

Comment

Cotto by split decision.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  cotto started at light welter weight and won all his 32 fights with an impressive 93% knock out percentage (2 fight won by UD).

as for hatton, he also debuted at 140 and won all 40 fights at a 75% knock out ration (10 won by UD and 1 by disqualification)

both suffered their first loss when they rose up to the welterweight division, but both peaked to their prime at 140.

on paper, the fight definitely looks very good, but in reality i think the fight would have ended with a KO

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                    Cotto by KO rd9. Hatton is way too overrated. His claim to fame was tiring the hell out of Kostya Tsyzu by hitting and holding him for 11 rounds. Big deal. Cotto was a little monster at 140lbs that had a nasty body shot and loved when fighters would get in close to him so he could land it as well as the left hook to the face. I think Hatton would have been eating shots by Cotto all night trying to get inside. Cotto was on par with the Terminator back then. Remember the way he disfigured faces? Hit you until your arm fell off(Gianbronco)? Just a brutal fighter back then.
                    true, cotto got famous due to his left hooks to the body and head. but a prime hatton was relentless with lots of head movement, the pressure on cotto would be immense, comparable to what margarito did

Comment

I say Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X