Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Prime Ricky Hatton vs. Miguel Cotto at 140 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post

Cotto was dropped multiple times by lesser fighters while at 140. Cotto had trouble making the weight so I will go with Hatton. At 140 I think Hatton was a better fighter.
    Cotto was hit by bigger bombers than Hatton at 140 and survived just fine, sure he was wobbled here and there...

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
      Been done a thousand times already. Most pick Cotto because they forget that Cotto had a weak chin at 140.
      Did Hatton not get completely laid out at 140 by Pacquiao?

I think after a couple of rounds of Hatton trying to smother Cotto. He gets body slammed, at which point a point is taken from Miguel. Henceforth he breaks Hatton down and stops him.

Respect to Hatton and the british fans!

Comment

Would be a war that Cotto wins by either UD or late TKO.

Miguel would more than likely get rocked a few times seeing as his chin was a bit shaky at 140 & it would be a great back & forth fight while it lasts. But in the end I see Cotto prevailing due to his superior boxing skills & power.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
          Did Hatton not get completely laid out at 140 by Pacquiao?

I think after a couple of rounds of Hatton trying to smother Cotto. He gets body slammed, at which point a point is taken from Miguel. Henceforth he breaks Hatton down and stops him.

Respect to Hatton and the british fans!
          We are talking about prime Hatton you know the one that walked through Tszyu's punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post

Cotto was dropped multiple times by lesser fighters while at 140. Cotto had trouble making the weight so I will go with Hatton. At 140 I think Hatton was a better fighter.
            LOL!

name the multiple lesser fighters that dropped Cotto at 140...I'll wait..

Comment

We are talking about prime Hatton you know the one that walked through Tszyu's punches.
              Prime Hatton got stopped by Mayweather at 147 (145)... I know we are talking about 140 though.

Comment

Miguel Cotto by KO. Hatton doesnt have anything to give Cotto problems and not one single advantage. Cotto at 140 was faster, bigger, stronger, better skills and above all Cotto had more versatility than Hatton at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
                  Miguel Cotto by KO. Hatton doesnt have anything to give Cotto problems and not one single advantage. Cotto at 140 was faster, bigger, stronger, better skills and above all Cotto had more versatility than Hatton at 140.
                  delusional if you believe that! how about relentless pressure?!

i dont think cotto was faster, nor was he stronger than hatton at 140, he does have a better skill set tho.

Comment

Depends how cotto handles the pressure, but I'd have to favour cotto

Comment

Been done a thousand times already. Most pick Cotto because they forget that Cotto had a weak chin at 140.
                      I wouldn't agree that he had a weak chin, more weak stamina! Whenever he was put down he was just after expending a crapload of energy, if his chin was weak Bailey would of knocked him, he had a couple of rights break through that didnt budge Cotto.

On the Hatton fight, His big jab would offset Hatton slightly but eventually Ricky would break through, but Cotto's body punching and superior inside game, especially the uppercut would eventually overwhelm Hatton. I'd say a very battered looking Hatton would be stopped by 8-10 round KO. Would be a very good fight, shame it was never made!

Comment

Working...
                      X