No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer on Mayweather-Guerrero, Discussions Begin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    what about the $40 mil no ppv offer? Manny isn't saying floyd isn't trying to make the fight, he says floyd is treating him like a "bum boxer". SO which is it?
    r u serious? he isn't REALLY trying to make the fight. do u think floyd thought there was even a 15 chance that got accepted - do u really think that offer was intended on being accepted when he offers Cotto and Mosely % of the PPV.
    between PPV, gate, sponsors, this is a 300 mil fight. also, if it's a flat fee, then Pac has to pay Arum a %, and after that he'd make app 25-28 mil, barely more than he gets for every other fight. wheras if the revune is split 50/50 or 55/45, floyd gets his % - app 150-160 mil and TR gets their pct, app 130-140 mil.
    Im not gonna get into who's the bigger draw, this that and the other - but, that offer was a non-offer, like when Arum offered floyd 50 mil, no ppv % right after that. that was not effort to make the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
      floyd will definetly be fighting twice this year if hes fighting guerrero. a guerrero fight will not do as big money as floyd usually likes i say this fight does 500k buys.
      why would this fight do any different than Floyd-Ortiz? similar type of opponent - a fighter that can get the hispanic fan base who's a top 5 ranked welterweight

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
        Is Guerrero a very good fighter. no doubt. is he a challenge. of course. Most people's problems, ( i think) is that Floyd, for the past 5-6 yrs, more often than not, takes a very good challenge, instead of the absolute toughest challenge:
        Gatti, Baldomir, Marquez (1st fight over 135), Ortiz, Cotto (past prime) instead of Tszyu, Margarito, P. Williams, Pacquiao, Martinez.

He takes and fights very good fighters, but not the absolute toughest challenges he could take, yet proclaims to be the best fighter ever - that's what is really bothersome about him. esp. considering he could've won every single one of the above-mentioned fights and actually gone down wit SR Robinson, SR Leonard, and Duran as one of the greatest of all time
        Well we will never know if he is a tough challenge unless he gets the opportunity. I agree that i also dont think any of the names, besides the ATG, that can give Floyd problems, and yes that includes Pac, but everyone deserves the chance if they've earned it and he earned it. But so many place Floyd so high on a pedestal that even a highly ranked WW is cherry picking and because of that its nothing but hate being spewed. I love boxing and like i said if theyve earned it then maybe they will surprise everyone under the bright lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
          smh...........
          What i meant was a champion is a champion and if they hold the belt then who cares how many losses they have. Salido has like 10 losses but i consider him pretty good and if he never got his shot against JuamMa then we would have never known how good he really is.

Comment

• I could do without this fight

Comment

• When people say cherry-picking, as I said before, I think many of them mean that he isn't taking the tuoghest challenge. Evryone would agree that Guererro is a good fighter. BUT, Floyd could take a tougher challenge, I think we could all agree. If he had already beaten 2 of the following 3: Canelo, Pac, Martinez, then I would have no problem at all wit Guererro as an opponent. But, he hasn't. He avoids the fights that seem to be the very toughest at the time - there's no denying that (see the 5 names I mentioned above), even though some of them, such as Margarito, he would have toyed with.

Comment

When people say cherry-picking, as I said before, I think many of them mean that he isn't taking the tuoghest challenge. Evryone would agree that Guererro is a good fighter. BUT, Floyd could take a tougher challenge, I think we could all agree. If he had already beaten 2 of the following 3: Canelo, Pac, Martinez, then I would have no problem at all wit Guererro as an opponent. But, he hasn't. He avoids the fights that seem to be the very toughest at the time - there's no denying that (see the 5 names I mentioned above), even though some of them, such as Margarito, he would have toyed with.
                I don't know why this is so hard to understand.

But like I said. If he fights Guerrero in April and Canelo later in the year, assuming he beats Cotto, I'm cool.

Comment

think whatever u wanna think about how much I follow boxing. I really dont care. but, my point is that Mayweather doesnt try to make the fight wit Pac, and hasn't since '09. end of story
                  LOL at you…

He offered Pac a 50-50 offer and Pac said no. He called Pac out after the Mosley fight, after the Cotto fight. I know because I was there.

Bob has given numerous excuses and went as far as to tell Team mayweather to stop calling him about the fight. People don't like to remember that but it is in fact a fact. Let’s also not forget the special stadium that Bob is building. We can’t forget that.

Not to mention that Floyd called pac over the phone and made a **** offer because pac had previously said no to even a fair offer. You claiming Floyd hasn’t tried is a flat out lie and I don’t like liars, let alone pactarted fan boy liars like most are on here.

Again you either don't follow boxing or are trolling like most of these cowardly pactart fan boys do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    what about the $40 mil no ppv offer? Manny isn't saying floyd isn't trying to make the fight, he says floyd is treating him like a "bum boxer". SO which is it?
                    I guess when you offer a fighter a 50-50 split and he says no you won't be so nice the next time around.

I mean what fighter outside of Pac since fighting Hoya has greedy Floyd offered a 50-50 split?

Comment

• Wess - u got issues. lol at me, and you're saying " you lied and I dont like liars" . pactart fan boys. alright. i guess having a strictly boxing debate with you is not possible, you have to resort to name calling. aaiight then.
                      and we know floyd offered 50/50 in 09 but came up with testing excuse. then when that wasn an excuse, $ became an excuse.
                      of course Arum is a piece of ****, everyone knows that. u think ur breaking a news flash. but Mayweather is the athlete that proclaims himself to be the greatest.
                      If it was just Pacquiao he was ducking, maybe u'd have a point. but he ducked Tszyu for gatti, Margarito for Baldomir, PWilliams, Pac and Martinez for Marquez, Ortiz and now Guererro. PATTERN!

Comment

Working...
                      X