No announcement yet.

Ring Mag p4p list 1980 to 2008

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
    Exactly what I was thinking but Ray was retired most of the 80's but he got the FOTY award. Double standard maybe.
    Ray retired because of an injury... and he fought the best. Floyd retired for his ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Damn Roy Jones Jr, top 10 in '93, then top 3 from 1994-2003. 10 years in the top 10 P4P list, with 9 of them being top 3. GOAT status.

Floyd Mayweather Jr, 13 years[14 years with 2012] on the top 10 P4P list.

Violation.
      yep, crazy impressive. Floyd was on nearly from the moment he went pro.

Comment

I remember Jones, Hoya and Whitaker fighting for the top 3 spots growing up.

Early 93-94 is when I started watching and feel I missed out on being a die hard fan in 80's. Being an 82 baby had me missing a lot of golden years of boxing.

Comment

The lists look a lot deeper and better in the 80's.

Obviously it's easier to look back after all is said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
            I remember Jones, Hoya and Whitaker fighting for the top 3 spots growing up.

Early 93-94 is when I started watching and feel I missed out on being a die hard fan in 80's. Being an 82 baby had me missing a lot of golden years of boxing.
            I cant begin to tell you what it was like to come home from playing ball and be able to watch Hagler or ARguello, pryor, hearns, leonard, sanchez etc. on a Sat or Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              I cant begin to tell you what it was like to come home from playing ball and be able to watch Hagler or ARguello, pryor, hearns, leonard, sanchez etc. on a Sat or Sunday afternoon.
              Yeah I still feel I got to experience the tail end of boxing’s golden years though.

But the 80's... man I was just too young to follow it.

Comment

Working...
              X