No announcement yet.

Mayweather to Pick Opponent Next Week

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PR13 View Post
    he is not going to fight a threat... pretty sure he is going for Guerrero.
    any grown man trained to punch and is able to fight for a long time is a threat its not floyds fault hes better than him, thing is who else is he gonna fight? u wanna go thrut that whole pac man thing again? if so count me out, serg vs pac or may is something that we will never see so stop wasting ur time hes too big for both floyd and pac and just came off a surgery... canelo is fighting next april and it wont be floyd so what do u think floyd should do? maybe bradley but outside of that whos a real threat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      So many pages on Floyd possibly choosing an opponent. It wasnt even him who said it but like i said

LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM FLOYD IS BOXING
      wipe that sperm of your cheek buddy.

Comment

• Get yo Dollar$$$$ Pimp!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco Cain View Post
          When you realistically look at it and eliminate all of the options you're left with Guerrero.

#1 Pac- Not happening, we all know it. If it happens it'll be both guys' last fight

#2 Martinez- Fighting in Argentina coming off of injury. Scratch that one.

#3 Canelo- Regardless of what he/GBP might say that fight isn't on their radar. He has yet to establish himself as a legit 154 contender. Forget his record, his belt, he's a kid who is basically making up for his lack of an amateur background but is getting paid for it and being called champion in the mean time.

#4 Bradley- Uncle Roger says this and the Pac fight are the only fights for Floyd. Maybe it will happen, certainly not next.

#5 Cotto/Trout -If Cotto destroys this kid will that be enough for people to want to see the rematch with Floyd? I know it won't be for me. If Trout wins in impressive fashion could this suddenly become an option?? Maybe by NSB standards; seeing as guys who win a fight on a Saturday night usually have been in fantasy fights (and won) against every fighter in the history of boxing.

I'm going with Guerrero as the opponent. Maybe they'd stack the **** out of the undercard to entice people to buy it. Canelo has May 4th reserved at MGM but does that mean he is headlining necessarily?
          I think their plan is to have Cotto-Canelo on May 4th. That's a HUGE event. It truley is. I'm thinking that does atleaat 1.5 Million PPV buys.

In the mean time, Mayweather can "brush off the cob webbs" so to speak, after his prison setance against Guerrero who, like him or not, has earned a shot.

It makes the most sense from their stand point.

I'm obviously not elated about Guererro fight but I'm not as against it as most are.

I'd honestly prefer it over Canelo, at this point in time.

If Canelo beats Cotto, then I'd be interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dome View Post
            wipe that sperm of your cheek buddy.
            u have alot of class brother, we need more people like u

Comment

• Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
              I beg to differ. Floyd fights opponents coming off big wins. You're thinking Pacquiao bro, he fights guys when they look like garbage in a prior performance.
              Victor Ortiz over Berto - now we see how good berto is. Victor Ortiz the weak-minded and now glass jaw that got rocked by Josesito Lopez?
              He had to sucker punch him while Josesito ROCKED HIM!

JMM - Pulled him overweight leaping 2 weight classes as his first fight at the weight. JMM NOW (ROIDED) VS JMM USING PISS? I THINK HIS ROIDED VERSION HAS A HUGE ADVANTAGE
              He outclassed him but cheated him on the scales not once but twice.
              Let's not mention CATCHWEIGHT.

Shane? He was a waste for both fighters. Long layoff + "big fight vs Marg but a lot of mental circumstances for Marg during that fight."
              Gassed out old guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                u have alot of class brother, we need more people like u
                wow really. Floyd means that much to you that you support the licking of his nuts?? lighten up its a boxing forum and we talking about a boxer not matin luther king.
                Last edited by Dome; 11-28-2012, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• I'm a fan of Guerrero and would be happy for him if he got the fight but I'm not very thrilled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dome View Post
                    wow really. Floyd means that much to you?
                    You can go post on another thread but you wont cause

LOVE HIM OR HATE HIM FLOYD IS BOXING. But please go on talking about him

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      Seems a lot of people are split.

Some hate it, some don't mind it.

No one's elated with it, though.

I think Mayweather knows he'll have to fight twice next year if he fights Guererro.
                      To me its all about activity.

If he fights Guerrero, I want 2-3 fights from May 2013 - December 2014. If he only fights one time per year, I want the biggest and baddest challenger that he can find.

There's nothing wrong with fighting top contenders in your division and facing your mandatories. But if he's going to use that as an excuse to fight Guerrero, then be consistent and fight all of the top contenders/mandatories in between your big money fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X