Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

List Up your Non- Heavyweight Top 10 ATG list!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List Up your Non- Heavyweight Top 10 ATG list!

Ray Robinson
    Hank Armstrong
    Harry Greb
    Sam Langford
    Ezzard Charles
    Roberto Duran
    Ben Leonard
    Willie Pep
    Ray Leonard
    Mickey Walker

I feel like Robinson is the greatest, even though on any given day Greb or Armstrong could hold the #1 spot with what they did in their careers.

Last edited by Fasttimes; 11-26-2012, 11:49 PM.

C'mon, kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
      Ray Robinson
      Hank Armstrong
      Harry Greb
      Sam Langford
      Ezzard Charles
      Roberto Duran
      Ben Leonard
      Willie Pep
      Ray Leonard
      Mickey Walker

I feel like Robinson is the greatest, even though on any given day Greb or Armstrong could hold the #1 spot with what they did in their careers.

Have you seen all of them fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
        Not Greb, sadly. I've read enough on him and his resume speaks for itself though really.

Wins over Tunney, Flowers, Walker, Loughran, Bivins, Rosenbloom etc. is just bananas.

Beat EVERY HOF'er ever fought. **** is crazy. Dempsey ducked him, too.

Comment

Not Greb, sadly. I've read enough on him and his resume speaks for itself though really.

Wins over Tunney, Flowers, Walker, Loughran, Bivins, Rosenbloom etc. is just bananas.

Beat EVERY HOF'er ever fought. **** is crazy. Dempsey ducked him, too.
          Reading and seeing is totally different. After reading how amazing a fight from back in the days was and I went and saw it and it bore the hell out of me, I don't hold exaggerated articles to high regards. That's just me though.

Comment

Reading and seeing is totally different. After reading how amazing a fight from back in the days was and I went and saw it and it bore the hell out of me, I don't hold exaggerated articles to high regards. That's just me though.
            His resume is exaggerated now

Comment

^^^This. I hate when internet warriors claim to know enough about boxing to compile P4P list. The sport started in like what 1900? 1880? I've read about Gentlemen Jim, Benny Leonard, Willie Pep, and even watched clips of them, but it still doesn't give it justice. Unless you've seen the other fights from the guys who lost to the ATGs, those wins don't mean as much. I'm sorry but ATG lists are just regurgitation of what you've read, and honestly what do you expect, too many fights to see. I've read on wikipedia about Pancho Villa, but I couldn't tell you what his greatest fights are, because I don't truly understand how good the guys he beat were.

Comment

Wikipedia?

Comment

His resume is exaggerated now
                  It could be but like I said, I'm just telling you my experience. Seeing them fight just opens a different world from the ones in writing.

Comment

Wikipedia?
                    I understand what you're saying with Wiki, I personally only go there to see the links that are at the bottom of the page. A lot of those links are either "not found" or not really as credible as others.

Comment

Working...
                    X