Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would Broner have to beat to become a real star?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    I was frankly astonished that roy would say that. Then when he called out Manny, Max was like, dude people talkin bout you and floyd.

Broner is getting the FULL HBO push.
    Sorry to say, I'm not.

I am a huge RJJ fan, but things he's been saying in the last year or so have made this last comment same ****, different day for him.

Comment

Damn that would be great if he fights 135 Gamboa, 140 Peterson, and 147 Mayweather. That would be crazy. I can see him retiring Floyd Mayweather, in 2014.

Comment

No top 10 fighter at 135 will do this for Broner, not even Burns or Richard Abril. Gamboa would be a very good fight at 135 that would actually add a good name opponent on his resume

Other than that I agree that Broner's career-highlighting fights are at 140+. A fight with Matthysse will really make him look good. I wish I could say Rios and Garcia, but Rios is TR and Garcia is Haymon like him, and Haymon fighters don't fight each other.

There's also Marquez, obviously a huge name to add, especially coming off a win over Pacquiao. But would Marquez want Broner, and could you honestly blame Marquez for turning down Broner at his age? Marquez understandably will want the much bigger names like probably a Mayweather rematch, a 5th fight with Pacquiao[if the 4th one is close], Timothy Bradley, or Danny Garcia. Marquez-Garcia at 140 is more likely to happen than Broner vs Marquez/Garcia.

Then there's the rest, Khan, Peterson and the gatekeeper Judah. Any win over these three would be considered his best win to date.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
          Since his last fight with Marco pulled lower ratings than the other time Broner seriously needs some kind of boost to get more eyes on him.

So Canelo seems to have Cotto lined up for him.
          Chavez Jr needs to beat Martinez.
          Who would Broner need to beat to get that extra boost?
          Juan Manuel Marquez? It would have PPV potential.

Comment

About Roy saying he thinks Broner is top 5 P4P.

So he feels that Broner, pound for pound, is better than the Mares, Klitschko's, Bradley, and Marquez.

I don't see what is so crazy about that TBH. Isn't the top 10 P4P list subjective anyway? I mean you could have Kessler and Froch in there and no one could really say anything to you.

You could have even done something crazy like putting Anselmo Moreno in the top 10, which would be f-cking beyond crazy if you ask me...oh wait.

Now with that said, I disagree with Roy, but I wouldn't call what he said crazy. I would say Broner could be top 10.

Comment

did you guys even read the tread title?

the key word is "star" not who you want to see broner fight based on butt bruised emotions.

Matthysse, Rios, Marquez, Garcia, Khan, Peterson

mathysse has no star quality........it would be a MASSIVE win for broners resumes but sadly it won't do anything for his star quality. the same goes for peterson, garcia.

rios would be decent........but marquez & khan would jump his star quality 10 fold (especially marquez)

Comment

To become a star you have to beat a star. Who's the biggest star in Broner's neighbourhood?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  About Roy saying he thinks Broner is top 5 P4P.

So he feels that Broner, pound for pound, is better than the Mares, Klitschko's, Bradley, and Marquez.

I don't see what is so crazy about that TBH. Isn't the top 10 P4P list subjective anyway? I mean you could have Kessler and Froch in there and no one could really say anything to you.

You could have even done something crazy like putting Anselmo Moreno in the top 10, which would be f-cking beyond crazy if you ask me...oh wait.

Now with that said, I disagree with Roy, but I wouldn't call what he said crazy. I would say Broner could be top 10.
                  i think that broner is better then mares.........no question about it in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    To become a star you have to beat a star. Who's the biggest star in Broner's neighbourhood?
                    The correct answer is marquez

Comment

For Some People....NOBODY!

If he beats one fighter the fans are hyping up, they will just jump on the next opponent bandwagon, it will continue to be like that most of his career unfortunately

And Roy Jones saying that he thinks Broner is Top 5 P4P...THAT IS HIS OPINION! At least he has his OWN unlike so many "So Called" boxing fans today
                      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 11-26-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X