Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name five fighters of the last decade greater than Wladimir ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post

Well, it's no worse then a Michael Spinks moving up to win the Heavyweight Title from a lackluster champion in Larry Holmes, only to get pummeled into retirement with a first round KO, and never be heard from again.

I understand that the spin here is that Tyson is great and unstoppable, therefore none of that matters. And him ko'ing a former Light-Heavy who defeated a past-prime Holmes is only testament to how great Tyson is ---that is until the Buster Douglas loss which was due to marriage problems and bad management.

Naturally I disagree and think that Wlad would KO Holmes, Tyson and Spinks in varying rounds.
    Haye is even LESS experience than Michael Spinks and SMALLER too.

Yet Wlad couldnt KO him, in fact he dropped 3 rounds to Haye.

Comment

1.pac
      2.jmm
      3.mayweather
      4.nonito
      5.sergio Martinez
      6.b-hop
      7.tarver
      8.mosely
      9.calzlappy
      10.vlad

Comment

Why didn't he tryto rematch Sanders?

Comment

The only two indisputably above him are Pacquiao and Mayweather. Most of Hopkins best part of his career took place before this time period.

So no, I don't think I could name five indisputably greater fighters than Wlad.

Comment

Pacquiao
            Mayweather
            Hopkins
            Martinez
            Morales
            JMM

Off top of my head these guys were all better than him in the last decade. I'm sure there are a bunch more.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathknight88 View Post
              Wait.. did you just said in another post you think Wladimir is the H2H GOAT?
              No he's not. (Sorry if I read it wrong). but he will be a significant under dog against 1- His own brother 2- Lennox Lewis 3- Muhammad Ali 4- Mike Tyson.

He will be a 50-50 fighter against Young Foreman/Holmes/Holyfield.
              He will be a slight favorite against the best version of Bowe.

Let's cut through the bull****. Wladimir is a top 10 ATG HW. I agree. But in no way shape or form is he the GOAT H2H. There are too many disadvantages to his game against Ali-Vitali-Tyson-Lewis to make him a favorite. He does have advantages over Tyson-Vitali-Lewis-Ali but not enough to cover up the areas in which he falls behind on.
              I didn't say he is the GOAT in terms of accomplishment. His opposition and his 3 losses will always hold him back no matter how many more wins he racks up from here till retirement.

But nothing can stop me from saying or from being confident that the current version beats anybody from 1900 to 2012, even if some of them are debatable (like a prime Cassius Clay/Ali ---which is the style and size combination that would be the most effective against Wlad). Lennox Lewis at 6'5 and his boxing skills, also has his merits but that's it form this posters perspective.

I don't even compare him to Vitali. They're like conjoint twins to me and a part of each other. As far as JOe Louis, Tyson, Bowe, Holmes, forget about it. I've had my share of debate about those guys and all leads to Wlad winning by TKO stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                I didn't say he is the GOAT in terms of accomplishment. His opposition and his 3 losses will always hold him back no matter how many more wins he racks up from here till retirement.

But nothing can stop me from saying or from being confident that the current version beats anybody from 1900 to 2012, even if some of them are debatable (like a prime Cassius Clay/Ali ---which is the style and size combination that would be the most effective against Wlad). Lennox Lewis at 6'5 and his boxing skills, also has his merits but that's it form this posters perspective.

I don't even compare him to Vitali. They're like conjoint twins to me and a part of each other. As far as JOe Louis, Tyson, Bowe, Holmes, forget about it. I've had my share of debate about those guys and all leads to Wlad winning by TKO stoppage.
                Nice spew of bullshyt you got there. You know nothing about Vitali and Wlad. Nothing. THey keep up a public image, but their feuds in 2004-2005 is widely known by insiders. Vitali wanted Wlad to retire not because of the Brewster Ko, but because he simply does not think Wladimir can bounce back. He have zero respect for Wlad and had ZERO belief in Wlad's abilities.

So to act and talk as if they are conjured twins just make you look like a fuking weirdo.
                Not to mention they fight nothing alike..
                Lennox is just as good of a boxer with a much better inside game. He's 6'5 and arguably have an equal jab and equal power.
                You keep believing in your self created image of the invincible Wlad holding hands with his fuking Brother on a crusade to save the world.
                What ever make you sleep at night homey.

Comment

Hopkins
                  Pacquiao
                  Mayweather
                  Marquez
                  Barrera

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    1. Floyd Mayweather Jr
                    2. PBF
                    3. Money May
                    4. Floyd Joy
                    5. Flashy Floyd
                    6. Joy Sinclair

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                      Nice spew of bullshyt you got there. You know nothing about Vitali and Wlad. Nothing. THey keep up a public image, but their feuds in 2004-2005 is widely known by insiders. Vitali wanted Wlad to retire not because of the Brewster Ko, but because he simply does not think Wladimir can bounce back. He have zero respect for Wlad and had ZERO belief in Wlad's abilities.

So to act and talk as if they are conjured twins just make you look like a fuking weirdo.
                      Not to mention they fight nothing alike..
                      Lennox is just as good of a boxer with a much better inside game. He's 6'5 and arguably have an equal jab and equal power.
                      You keep believing in your self created image of the invincible Wlad holding hands with his fuking Brother on a crusade to save the world.
                      What ever make you sleep at night homey.
                      Damn, why can't I get rid of the image of you standing up on your chair while you were typing that out on your keyboard? Just calm down sir.

The 'conjoined remark' was just a joke. The fact that you dedicated an entire conspiracy theory rebuttal into the inside world the brothers made it that much more hilarious, since it was a joke. A joke based on the fact that they aren't some dysfunctional Mayweather type family, where father and son are lashing out at each other in public.

I already acknowledged Lewis's merits and concede that it's debatable. That in no way means that I'm siding with the crowd who think Lewis wins for sure. I said Ali and Lewis based on their size and skill are the most curious to me. The others, not so much no matter what their credentials are.

Comment

Working...
                      X