Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you name five fighters of the last decade greater than Wladimir ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane Mosley
    Pacman
    Floyd Mayweather
    Winky Wright
    JMM
    ............theres a quick five. Theres new kids that are already far more talented and exciting........Broner....Donaire.
    I have no problem giving props to the Klitz Bros. but greatness is NOT a word I will ever use to describe them. Their good heavies who come to win and are in good shape. Theres was many more heavies that are so much better and as far as all weight classes they're no were near the top as far as over all talent.
    I'm beginning to believe that the Bros. fan based watch their fights via seeing eye dogs!! Ray.

Comment

He's a great fighter, but come on, if your going by fighters that have fought in the last decade (not necessarily in their prime) off the top of my head inn the last decade there has been, Roy Jones, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hopkins, JM Marquez, Cotto, Barrera, Morales, Rafael Marquez, De La Hoya, Mosley, Winky Wright, James Toney, Sergio Martinez, probably more I'm not thinking of. Hell Duran and Chavez fought in the last decade! I'd definitely put him above Calzaghe though.

Comment

Wrong forum lol.

Comment

Originally posted by toshmurph View Post
          He's a great fighter, but come on, if your going by fighters that have fought in the last decade (not necessarily in their prime) off the top of my head inn the last decade there has been, Roy Jones, Mayweather, Pacquiao, Hopkins, JM Marquez, Cotto, Barrera, Morales, Rafael Marquez, De La Hoya, Mosley, Winky Wright, James Toney, Sergio Martinez, probably more I'm not thinking of. Hell Duran and Chavez fought in the last decade! I'd definitely put him above Calzaghe though.
          I can agree this and I'm a fan of Wlad, so no bias. Here is my 2000-2010 list on video. And no Wlad:

The point is. He doesn't need it anyway. He is the top Heavyweight along with his brother. And in terms of HEavyweight history, will go amongst the Top 10 once he is retired. P4P Great? No. Heavyweight All-time great? Absolutely yes. Not the Greatest, but one of the greatest (in accomplishments and resume that is. Head to Head I still think he beats all the ATG's from 1900 to Circa 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            The guy in your avatar would slap you for this. Of course you're wrong and are just speaking from a egocentric American perspective, who is used to slick shoulder rolling, **** talking, money throwing fighters ----none of which is Wlad.

He is a superb specimen and has one of the greatest one-dimensional boxing skills ever. THere is no need for plan B when Plan A works 95% of the time. One of the worst divisions is subjective, though it understandable if one were to think that. After all, the natural Heavyweights can't move up or down. At the lower weights, if a division sucks, it's quickly filled out with a bunch of great fighters moving up and making the division not suck as much. This doesn't happen at Heavyweight. David Haye tried and failed. Now we're waiting for the next "great" Light-Heavy or Cruiser to give it another shot.
            The fact that Haye even won a share of the HW championship proves the division is garbage.

A cruiser with 4 fights at Heavyweight does better than 6'8 Wach, Thompson and Chambers put together.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              The fact that Haye even won a share of the HW championship proves the division is garbage.

A cruiser with 4 fights at Heavyweight does better than 6'8 Wach, Thompson and Chambers put together.

Well, it's no worse then a Michael Spinks moving up to win the Heavyweight Title from a lackluster champion in Larry Holmes, only to get pummeled into retirement with a first round KO, and never be heard from again.

I understand that the spin here is that Tyson is great and unstoppable, therefore none of that matters. And him ko'ing a former Light-Heavy who defeated a past-prime Holmes is only testament to how great Tyson is ---that is until the Buster Douglas loss which was due to marriage problems and bad management.

Naturally I disagree and think that Wlad would KO Holmes, Tyson and Spinks in varying rounds.

Comment

I cant find 5 elite WC that have fought as consistently weak opponents as the Klits , they have not fought anyone and Ive never seen such a weak era for HWs , their biggest asset is their size .

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                  I cant find 5 elite WC that have fought as consistently weak opponents as the Klits , they have not fought anyone and Ive never seen such a weak era for HWs , their biggest asset is their size .
                  Another guy who just can't rise above his environment and his egocentric African-American perspective on things, where he has to shoot verbal diarrhea out of his mouth (or posts). Their size isn't everything and anyone with average boxing knowledge knows that. Otherwise a good number of 6'6 guys would've done the same thing.

And dismissing their size as an asset is just ignorant. It's like dismissing Tyson's punching power or upper body bulk. You what are you are and you utilize it to your maximum potential, that makes you great.

If you're tall and not using your size and fighting on the inside with a much smaller guy, and THEN LOSING, that's what separates someone great from not so great.

Comment

Theres a perfect example of why they're not "great" in the last video feature above at 59sec. he's throwing a shortened double jab and misses badly with a right then throws a left hook as his right foot steps forward "in the air" (stepping over is the FIRST thing you learn not to do about movement)!!!! They have NO co-ordintion their minds work well but they don't have the repitions in the gym to have formed proper techniques. Their both very poor in their techniques. As I've said many times if they were 6'2" they'd be in the same catagory as the rest of the heavies in this era. Byrd would have been the champ and he couldn't break a broken egg! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                      Another guy who just can't rise above his environment and his egocentric African-American perspective on things, where he has to shoot verbal diarrhea out of his mouth (or posts). Their size isn't everything and anyone with average boxing knowledge knows that. Otherwise a good number of 6'6 guys would've done the same thing.

And dismissing their size as an asset is just ignorant. It's like dismissing Tyson's punching power or upper body bulk. You what are you are and you utilize it to your maximum potential, that makes you great.

If you're tall and not using your size and fighting on the inside with a much smaller guy, and THEN LOSING, that's what separates someone great from not so great.
                      Wait.. did you just said in another post you think Wladimir is the H2H GOAT?
                      No he's not. (Sorry if I read it wrong). but he will be a significant under dog against 1- His own brother 2- Lennox Lewis 3- Muhammad Ali 4- Mike Tyson.

He will be a 50-50 fighter against Young Foreman/Holmes/Holyfield.
                      He will be a slight favorite against the best version of Bowe.

Let's cut through the bull****. Wladimir is a top 10 ATG HW. I agree. But in no way shape or form is he the GOAT H2H. There are too many disadvantages to his game against Ali-Vitali-Tyson-Lewis to make him a favorite. He does have advantages over Tyson-Vitali-Lewis-Ali but not enough to cover up the areas in which he falls behind on.

Comment

Working...
                      X