Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Objectively, which of Pac's catchweights were unfair?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fasttimes View Post
    It was his punch resistance that was affected, not his movement (See Dawson/Ward)

and yes, Cotto coming off what many felt was a loss to Clottey and a bad knockout loss to Marg is worse than fighting Mosley at 140, coming off a huge win vs Margarito.
    Dawson was also stuck in mud, throwing 10 punches a round in addition to getting rocked by a light puncher, so it's not really a great point of reference. I doubt Cotto takes that punch at his walking weight, but whatever gets you through the night.

Mosley at 140 would have been worse off than DLH at 147, it's common sense. And far far worse off than Cotto at 145, you have to be clueless to believe otherwise.

Comment

• at the time they all happened they looked all fair, since were having favorites that time, ODLH wasnt a catchweight and Pac came up to 147 to fight him, nothing wrong with it IMO. what else do u want guys? at 154? pac only fought once at 135 back then and that saying he was even the underdog and many gave him credit for the guts and heart alone for taking the fight, not for beating the weight drained oscar.

Pac was fighting at 130 at 2008, the next year he was fighting 145 against cotto.. i dont see gamboa or any 130 pounder doing that next year. People even thought cotto would smash pacquiao. I believe cotto wasn't weight drained during the fight and the 2 pounds wouldnt matter much to the result. But yes that was wrong to bring the champion down 2 pounds. if only pacquiao is fighting at 140 right now people wouldn't be that butthurt.

Pacquiao-marqarito, pointless fight anyway. anywhere between 147-154 that was an okay fight. noone was weight drained during that fight.

pacquiao-marquez was also okayy.. these guys can fight with a weight limit of 160 and still get the same results.

i dont hate much on mayweather choosing marquez to fight on his comeback fight, yes there are other better choices, but marquez also wanted it.. What I hate about it is that mayweather didnt come to the limit.. I wouldve given him full credit.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Dawson was also stuck in mud, throwing 10 punches a round in addition to getting rocked by a light puncher, so it's not really a great point of reference. I doubt Cotto takes that punch at his walking weight, but whatever gets you through the night.

Mosley at 140 would have been worse off than DLH at 147, it's common sense. And far far worse off than Cotto at 145, you have to be clueless to believe otherwise.
        No, Mosley was always better off at 140 than he would have been at 154. I've championed Mosley at 140 for a long time.

Comment

No, Mosley was always better off at 140 than he would have been at 154. I've championed Mosley at 140 for a long time.
          Did you also champion Chris Byrd at 175? He probably would have been better off.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Did you also champion Chris Byrd at 175? He probably would have been better off.
            Yeah moving down 40 lbs is the same as moving down 7

Comment

• pretty much all of them.

Comment

Yeah moving down 40 lbs is the same as moving down 7
                A much younger Cotto was apparently done in by 1lb, and you think 7lb is fine for a 38 year old? Why are you wasting my time dude?

Make a poll, 140 Mosley vs 145 Cotto in 2009, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  ANYONE who believes that a professional fighter who is as experienced and accomplished as DLH would voluntarily come into a fight against a faster, more nimble fighter at 145lbs is smoking bath salts.

There's NO WAY in hell that DLH would have done that looking for any advantage. You just suffer from an education that will allow you to bask in that sort of ******ity.

If DLH voluntarily came in that way then he might as well have come in blindfolded or with one hand tied behind his back because it would make as much sense.

I know common sense isn't as common as some say, but if you think about it long enough you might have a chance of understanding exactly what I'm writing about.

Keeping in mind that DLH had just come off from fighting BHOP at MW.

GTFOH with that nonsense.

Only Wacktards pretend that they've seen what has and has not been stipulated in contracts.

I don't have to know what was on the contracts. I just have to know how boxers have been doing things for over a century .. and then look at how Pacquiao's opponents seem to do things so differently against the same common opponent. And leave it to the Wacktards to defend by saying "no one put a gun to their head".

Well no one made Pacquiao stipulate unfairness when looking for ATG credit. He did it to himself and if you think that won't be considered you're dim.

Take your time. Chew on that.
                  Are you constantly laughing while you type out so many lies? Because even when people call you out on lies, you keep posting them. I figure you have to be laughing, because the rational part of my brain tells me you can't possibly take such lies seriously.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    Are you constantly laughing while you type out so many lies? Because even when people call you out on lies, you keep posting them. I figure you have to be laughing, because the rational part of my brain tells me you can't possibly take such lies seriously.
                    He doesn't believe it of course, but even as wishful thinking it's levels of clueless:

1. this is like same day weighin, except much more unsafe. you're asking them to drop to contract weight 1 day before, then drop more next day?! 0 chance of medical clearance anywhere. rehydration limits usually involve rehydration
                    2. he wants you to believe they had different "rehydration limits", -2lbs for DLH and 1lb for Pac
                    3. that the guy calling the shots agreed to all of this
                    4. that he still hasnt leaked it despite the very humiliating way it played out, him retiring on his stool vs cherrypicked midget. it probably still haunts him, but DLH's a man of principles

Comment

• I had to give HeroBando a gift for his constant slaying of complete ******s. Good posts.

Comment

Working...
                      X