No announcement yet.

Where Does Camacho Rank In The All Time Puerto Rican List

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Those are some gaudy names to have on your resume, to be sure. But Duran was 45 and 50 when the lost to Camacho, well past it in every regard. Leonard was about to turn 41 when he was beaten by "Macho". But Ray hadn't fought in six years, and he had lost his last bout before that to Terry Norris.

I'm not saying Cotto belongs above Hector, but I disagree with that particular assertion.
    They were old yea. That's why I said out of prime cause they weren't at their best but 2 old all time greats are better than an out of prime Mosley who may be a HOF. That's just how I see it. Now you add Rosario, Ramirez, and others it just turns laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx24 View Post
      Fair enough. I would say, probably the 6th or 7th spot could be for Ortiz. Then I would have to put others like Vázquez and Calderón. Vázquez has an argument for the 6th spot and I might even drop Cotto from the top 5 after all. It's tougher after that. I just have my top 4 well decided. The rest would take some more thought.
      I can't see anyway Ortiz is outside the Top 3.

For me, he's #1. By quite a margin.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I can't see anyway Ortiz is outside the Top 3.

For me, he's #1. By quite a margin.
        My #1 is, without a doubt, Gómez. It's okay, to each his own.

Comment

Fair enough. I would say, probably the 6th or 7th spot could be for Ortiz. Then I would have to put others like Vázquez and Calderón. Vázquez has an argument for the 6th spot and I might even drop Cotto from the top 5 after all. It's tougher after that. I just have my top 4 well decided. The rest would take some more thought.
          What? lmao No offense, bro, but I almost fell off my chair reading that!

Carlos Ortiz is often cited as the greatest Puerto Rican fighter of all time. I wouldn't argue with putting him at number two. Even number three would be within the realm of reason. But anything below that it indefensible. Sixth or seventh is lunacy, in my opinion.

Comment

Carlos Ortiz is often cited as the greatest Puerto Rican fighter of all time. I wouldn't argue with putting him at number two. Even number three would be within the realm of reason. But anything below that it indefensible. Sixth or seventh is lunacy, in my opinion.
            Agreed.

His resume speaks for itself.

Comment

My list is my list and nobody has to agree with it. I don't know what's the problem that many times someone disagrees with you the "lol's" or "lmao's" have to appear. Honestly, it's my list and I don't care whether or not anyone agrees with it. That's the end of the discussion from my part.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                They were old yea. That's why I said out of prime cause they weren't at their best but 2 old all time greats are better than an out of prime Mosley who may be a HOF. That's just how I see it. Now you add Rosario, Ramirez, and others it just turns laughable.
                I agree that Camacho belongs above Cotto. But Mosley alone was still a better win than the shells of those two living legends. He may not have been at his best, but it's insulting to Shane to say he wasn't as good a win as the ghosts of Duran and Leonard. lol Put it this way: Can you see Shane losing to the Duran or Leonard that "Macho" beat?

Comment

My list is my list and nobody has to agree with it. I don't know what's the problem that many times someone disagrees with you the "lol's" or "lmao's" have to appear. Honestly, it's my list and I don't care whether or not anyone agrees with it. That's the end of the discussion from my part.
                  Of course your list is your list. Unless you're citing someone else's list, whose would it be? Like I said, I wasn't trying to offend you. But your ranking of Ortiz is low beyond description. It's like putting Muhammad Ali near the bottom of the all-time great heavyweights list. If you're going to make statements like that, expect for people to disagree strongly with your opinion.

Comment

I agree that Camacho belongs above Cotto. But Mosley alone was still a better win than the shells of those two living legends. He may not have been at his best, but it's insulting to Shane to say he wasn't as good a win as the ghosts of Duran and Leonard. lol Put it this way: Can you see Shane losing to the Duran or Leonard that "Macho" beat?
                    No it's not. 2 old ATGs>>>>>>>>>Borderline out of prime HOF. You have your opinion and I have mine. It's not even insulting one bit. I was lucky to see Duran/Leonard fight as a kid. Guess we can agree/disagree. Yes I do see Shane losing to Leonard but not Duran. Yes, even that old Leonard just based on style alone.

Comment

Of course your list is your list. Unless you're citing someone else's list, whose would it be? Like I said, I wasn't trying to offend you. But your ranking of Ortiz is low beyond description. It's like putting Muhammad Ali near the bottom of the all-time great heavyweights list. If you're going to make statements like that, expect for people to disagree strongly with your opinion.
                      I don't have a problem with disagreements. I just believe that these lists are always subjective and I believe in respecting that regardless of my preferences. If someone told me that Benítez is #1 in his list I would be okay with that. If someone told me Kermit Cintrón is part of his top 3 I would think it's either a troll or someone who does not know much. Still, if the person explains why x or y boxer is at the tops of his list, and it seems justified, I am okay with that even if I disagree. That's my take on these personal lists.

Comment

Working...
                      X