Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 mil down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
      people talking Ishh about another mans finances. i can guarantee you the overwhelming majority of people on this thread live paycheck to paycheck with no money saved. It's easy to say what you would do if you had some money when you never had any . If someone were to give these guys a couple million and tell them to invest it and turn a profit I can GUARANTEE you they wouldn't even know where to start.
      exactly...............

Comment

people talking Ishh about another mans finances. i can guarantee you the overwhelming majority of people on this thread live paycheck to paycheck with no money saved. It's easy to say what you would do if you had some money when you never had any . If someone were to give these guys a couple million and tell them to invest it and turn a profit I can GUARANTEE you they wouldn't even know where to start.
        This is along the lines of what I've been trying to say: "Don't throw stones."

Most people, not just the members here, don't know the first thing about finances. When you factor in all the challenges like gold-digging women throwing themselves at you, family and "friends" leaning on you, and societal pressure to "look the part," it tends to complicate matters greatly.

Comment

couldn't have said it any better. when people don't have money they talk a pretty good game about what they would do if they had some. the problem is talk is cheap...

Comment

Holyfield, Tyson, Bowe... They came from extreme poverty and ended up blowing their fortunes.

Meanwhile Lennox and Wladimir had somewhat better upbringings and access to education, and they've been able to handle their money well.

A little education goes a long way, even if you don't realize it until later.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              couldn't have said it any better. when people don't have money they talk a pretty good game about what they would do if they had some. the problem is talk is cheap...
              It's not just common for pro athletes to go broke, most people don't realize that lottery winners often go broke, too. There's possibly some kind of money-spending addiction that sets in when people suddenly come across vast sums of easy money. It just happens too often.

Comment

Evander should learn from Lennox on how to save money.

Lennox only had one illegitimate child, and that boy has grown up to be a fine champion later on in life.

Comment

It must hurt having to auction off what much be prized possessions for Holyfield.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Mistake number one. If you think it can't happen to you, there's a much better chance it will. Humility will serve you well.

I've lived my life pretty responsibly, but I'm old enough and experienced enough to know that you can't truly understand another person's experience until you've lived it. 99.99% of humanity haven't had the privilege to make hundreds of millions of dollars and to be idolized by millions. Who's to say how well you'd handle it if you were in that miniscule minority? There's no doubt that some athletes have handled fame and fortune well. But, from what I've seen, they're greatly outnumbered by those that haven't.
                    It's all about common-sense, and intellectual capacity. I gave from a very good family background, but when I went to live in Canada I was poorer than poor, living in an abandoned house, for over a year, making a heater out of an oil drum and scavenging wood from the interior panelling of the house. I even paid the owner rent for the place. I dug up the pathway, bought a $4 roll of old copper pipe, put in the water, bought a water cylinder and small oil stove with a carburettor in Goodwill, to heat the water, collected junk, beer bottles etc. until I got on my feet. When I earned $10 I spent a maximum of $7, and always, throughout my life, made damn sure never to buy anything on time payments, even cars, or houses. Ended up going through 2 universities, etc.etc. and to this day don't even have a credit rating. Never borrowed anything.

Tyson, originally from poverty, after he went to live with Cus D'Amato at age 14 or so, was comfortable, Lewis comes from a lower middle class family, and the Klitschkos come from a more educated background. Lewis and the Klitschkos have one thing in common, apart from being boxers, they both have lots of innate common-sense and money intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfGirl View Post

Evander should learn from Lennox on how to save money.

Lennox only had one illegitimate child, and that boy has grown up to be a fine champion later on in life.

Only one...?? Fancy that....

Comment

Working...
                      X