Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
    Huh?

Im asking your thoughts on what he said.
    I don't understand what he means by saying Hauser sat on the info. He has just made a major article that could (should?) have major implications.

Regarding Montoya well Hauser is an entirely different kind of animal. I saw Montoya posting trash on another forum and that wasn't pretty. Hauser carries infinetely more weight than Montoya.

Other than that the poster has an opinion. We don't all have to agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Floyd can and should ignore it since Hauser says he's citing rumors, but eventually a responsible honest and reputable journalist may ask him about the tests. GBP clearly needs to explain why it would stop berto/ortiz and khan/petersen but not morales/garcia.
      IMO Floyd cannot ignore it. He is a selfproclaimed crusader for a clean sport. He could clear himself in a heartbeat by showing all the test results from the fights Hauser mentions. If they are negative Floyd is a hero and Hauser is done as a writer.

Comment

Sapaw go away. Are you just too stupid to get the point everyone else in the thread got-GBP chose money over whats right in this instance? WHy did they do it, I gave my best guess as to why and as such its not fishy to me that GBP would hide a positive test to make money.

Just go ahead type dick rider, *****, gay, chicken, duck, defend floyd, roids etcetc and go to another thread so those of us that actually want to discuss this situation and the ramifications for the sport can do so.
        lol! looks whose dick riding! lol! since yesterday, you keep on bashing Hauser as a journalist because of your boy mentioned on the article...

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          I don't understand what he means by saying Hauser sat on the info. He has just made a major article that could (should?) have major implications.

Regarding Montoya well Hauser is an entirely different kind of animal. I saw Montoya posting trash on another forum and that wasn't pretty. Hauser carries infinetely more weight than Montoya.

Other than that the poster has an opinion. We don't all have to agree.
          Only if national media still covers boxing, we will have Congress doing investigation on gbp

Comment

• Wow. Crazy allegations.

But with the way boxing works, I don't know if there is a solution. If an athlete tests positive in team sports (football, soccer, basketball, baseball, etc.), he gets suspended, fined, replaced and the show goes on. Even in other individual sports like golf and tennis, the athlete would just be ineligible to participate in the tournament. But the event still goes on. If a runner in a track meet gets caught cheating he gets removed from the race and the meet goes on. Even MMA can get around the issue with replacement fighters and stacked cards.

In boxing at the world class level, it takes 8 weeks to train for an opponent and 3-4 months to promote and build the event. Tickets are sold weeks and sometimes months in advance for mega-fights. Then you have the issue of the fans. Like a typical sporting even, the fans aren't local. Fans fly in from across the country and across the world to see boxing events. Between hotel, plane travel, expenses and tickets, it's expensive to attend a mega-fight. Cancelling an event is a burden on the promotional company, the other fighters involved in the event, the hosting facility and the fans.

You can't structure boxing like tennis, golf or NASCAR with multiple tournaments every year because boxing injuries take time to heal.

An obvious solution would to require anyone with a boxing license to agree to year around testing. But that would be expensive as hell and who would enforce it? Boxing in the U.S. is regulated at the state level. Maybe require anybody with a promoter license to pay 5% of their revenues to fund the drug testing efforts? Who knows?

Hopefully somebody has a solution because I can't see a solution to this problem happening any time soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocco Cain View Post
              The timeline here is a bit unclear. Did Floyd's positive test take place after the Cotto fight or before? Also I'm surprised there isn't a specific drug linked to the positive test.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Floyd takes/took hydrocodone(Vicodin), which isn't on USADA's list of banned substances; but just about every other opioid painkiller is.
              Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              What a load of bollocks. If there was any word of Mayweather failing a test it would have blown up all over no way they'd keep that secret.
              Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
              This is the same caliber as if someone where to bring up the Teddy Atlas email rumors. It would be a dumb article.

BUT the part of the article that you didn't post, on the site, was pretty interesting, especially the Berto part.
              ..same thoughts..no different from Teddy Atlas' claims..sounds like rumors..what drugs did he test positive?..when?..where's the proof?..cant believe someone made this a sticky...you need more ppl!!!

Comment

you used the term yesterday when we were discussing so you'd have to define it.

IMO, if Hauser goes with just the quillin-winky stuff and the GBP/usada/morales fight info then his article would be compelling. But he throws in the floyd stuff then it makes the article like one of the white papers funded by a conservative or liberal think tank that lacks any credibility because of who funded the research.

but you got a good discusion going so props to you!
                He threw Floyd in cuz there's rumors from reliable sources about his positive drug tests plus he Tmt suddenly settled out if nowhere when asked to provide documents about Floyd's drug test results. Plus he mentioned that gbp has created these "waivers" that allows fighters to test positive and the fight still can take place and no one will know about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  IMO Floyd cannot ignore it. He is a selfproclaimed crusader for a clean sport. He could clear himself in a heartbeat by showing all the test results from the fights Hauser mentions. If they are negative Floyd is a hero and Hauser is done as a writer.
                  That's what I was thinking yesterday. The chairman of the BWAA reproducing a rumour about the biggest draw in the sport failing drug tests is no small deal.

The thing is surely Hauser has to know that, and surely he has to know that if the rumours are false and Mayweather can produce documents to that effect, well then his career is in serious trouble.

He may have taken care to stress that it's just a rumour, but the way he links it to incidents during the Pacquiao defamation trial don't leave much doubt about what he really thinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                    Only if national media still covers boxing, we will have Congress doing investigation on gbp
                    USADA is funded by the government and has to respond to them. Surely they will lose their funding if they don't come up with a plausible story.

Comment

• We should just let the commission do its job...

lol

Comment

Working...
                      X