No announcement yet.

Broner=Everything we wanted Mayweather to be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
    So I guess my opinion of comparisons is not valid based on the fact that Broner should only be compared to the same age Floyd or that I should wait until Broner gets to weight class Mayweather is now? He uses the style better and take risks which is what I would like to see Floyd do more of since he has the ability, Broner uses the style more effective for fans sake
    No even at 35 Floyd is standing toe to toe and fighting like he did with your fighter Cotto who is a WAYYYYYYYYYYY better fighter than Demarco,so what are you talking about?

Comment

threads like this remind me of why I lurk so much

Comment

Broner is honestly a better version of Mayweather. Instead of fighting a safe fight to secure the win he knows when to turn up the heat and get his opponent out of there. He has good defense, speed, and can turn up his offense when needed. Props to Broner, he might be one of the most annoying boxers but his skills are top notch
        Were you thinking the same thing when Floyd buckled Cotto's knees early, then backed off?

What about when he toyed with him in the twelfth round?

If Broner ends up fighting at WW or JMW, I guarantee he will fight more cautiously. Like Floyd had to.

Now educate yourself. This is 21 year old Mayweather, toying with a man who is a much better fighter than any on Broner's resume. He has an easier time than Broner did with DeMarco even.

Comment

Translation = "Hi, I've been following boxing since 2007 and haven't watched many fights that took place before that. How you guys doin?"

Comment

Broner is honestly a better version of Mayweather. Instead of fighting a safe fight to secure the win he knows when to turn up the heat and get his opponent out of there. He has good defense, speed, and can turn up his offense when needed. Props to Broner, he might be one of the most annoying boxers but his skills are top notch

Comment

Originally posted by Rasheed Mexico View Post
              Are you sure about that? I mean I saw Broner get hit with several shots that Mayweather would have never got hit with.

Also Floyd has fought better on the inside against much better opposition, but what you are missing is the fact that Floyd became more cautious against bigger fighters but fought the same aggressive style when he was at LW.

That's why I feel it's best to slow down and wait to see him against bigger JWW and WW's. I guarantee you he won't fight the same way as he is fighting now.
              You know why he gets hit, because he takes risk to get his back and his defense is good enough to roll with those punches and create an opening for a counter which creates a more exciting fight for us fans and openings that Broner uses to KO his opponents using the "Mayweather" style. He probably could have went with a defense first mentality and cautious to easily win the fight but he didn't which is why I made the thread

Comment

People need to think before posting,i see most posters only GO OFF OF WHAT THEY HEAR ABOUT FLOYD,cause you cant make a list of fights where Floyd RAN!! you can't do it because it isnt true

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  Yup, Yup.

I can see how people will say this but they have to look at quality of opponents. not just in the manner in which they beat them only.
                  Well, currently that's all there is to do. There are no Diego Corales' at light weight right now.

Comment

You know why he gets hit, because he takes risk to get his back and his defense is good enough to roll with those punches and create an opening for a counter which creates a more exciting fight for us fans and openings that Broner uses to KO his opponents using the "Mayweather" style. He probably could have went with a defense first mentality and cautious to easily win the fight but he didn't which is why I made the thread
                    Broner has 25 fights with 1 #1 guy on that list and 1 CURRENT champion on that list in his 2nd division..

Floyd at 130 beat the lineal champion and Corrales who was top 5 p4p then went to 135 and bea ANOTHER lineal champion in Castillo 2 times..Did you see the Corrales fighter whee he floored him 5 times? and was THE UNDERDOG????????????

Comment

Here you go again with the old Mayweather comparisons....this is not who has a better legacy thread

Comment

Working...
                      X