Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Want To Stop The Mayweather Comparisons

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now is a good point to jump off the tribute act. Judging by his recent comments, looks like he realised how monumentally pathetic it was to try to be an elite boxer based on ripping off another man's identity (though successful, as the template has given him a big profile).

Comment

Some guys here pick one fighter and one fight and now nobody else knows anything about boxing and needs to shut up. Don't pound on your chest so hard, there are a lot more fights and fighters out there. Make a few more predictions with guys not so easy to pick, the Broner bandwagon is a little overcrowded now.

Comment

If he wants to stop then perhaps he should stop the exact way Mayweather sits down in between rounds with the same look and the same back and forth sway and look on his face when the boxers come together at the beginning.

Comment

i think he likes the comparisons...he downplays it and says he wants to be his own person but deep down, it seems like he gets giddy everytime they mention him and Floyd together

Comment

Originally posted by AyoMaDu View Post
            If he wants to stop then perhaps he should stop the exact way Mayweather sits down in between rounds with the same look and the same back and forth sway and look on his face when the boxers come together at the beginning.
            And shaking his head when he get's hit or avoids a flurry.

Comment

Broner is right he killed the Mayweather era last night and his wave is definitely 20X bigger than Maynever's. Broner is one of the newest faces of boxing right now behind Pacman, his style is 1000% fan friendly and his offense is always ON his defense is a solid and respectable 7 or 8. Broner does have some of Maynever's characteristics like the dumb face he makes when he's blocking an opponents punches in the shoulder roll stance, or how he skips up to his opponents after he has them on the defense after they miss some punches. But like Broner say you get NO RESPECT in the hood if your trying to be a copycat of someone else. And the collision course that they are on is great!!! and if Broner stay's undefeated I expect Broner to be on Maynever's duck and dodge list. And when it comes down to "REAL RECOGNIZE REAL" The real are going to back Broner and the fake are going to back Maynever.

Comment

I hate to say it, but Broner proved last night that he is a more evolved version of Mayweather at 135. Great defense like Floyd, but a fearless offense with KO power. And Broner doesn't have the brittle hands Mayweather always had.

I expected Broner-DeMarco to be similar to Mayweather-Castillo....boy, was I wrong!! Broner didn't back up into the ropes and fired back with sniper-like accuracy.

Comment

Broner showing Floyd way to much respect...

Comment

Originally posted by FloydvsPac View Post
                    I hate to say it, but Broner proved last night that he is a more evolved version of Mayweather at 135. Great defense like Floyd, but a fearless offense with KO power. And Broner doesn't have the brittle hands Mayweather always had.

I expected Broner-DeMarco to be similar to Mayweather-Castillo....boy, was I wrong!! Broner didn't back up into the ropes and fired back with sniper-like accuracy.
                    I agree with this message.

Comment

Originally posted by 1prodz View Post
                      Broner is right he killed the Mayweather era last night and his wave is definitely 20X bigger than Maynever's. Broner is one of the newest faces of boxing right now behind Pacman, his style is 1000% fan friendly and his offense is always ON his defense is a solid and respectable 7 or 8. Broner does have some of Maynever's characteristics like the dumb face he makes when he's blocking an opponents punches in the shoulder roll stance, or how he skips up to his opponents after he has them on the defense after they miss some punches. But like Broner say you get NO RESPECT in the hood if your trying to be a copycat of someone else. And the collision course that they are on is great!!! and if Broner stay's undefeated I expect Broner to be on Maynever's duck and dodge list. And when it comes down to "REAL RECOGNIZE REAL" The real are going to back Broner and the fake are going to back Maynever.
                      This post is ridiculously stupid on so many levels.

Comment

Working...
                      X