Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you favor any fighter @ 135 or 140 over Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
    Well the guy has only 2 defeats, both of which I had Lucas winning, especially the Alexander fight, that was a clear victory for Lucas IMO.

he is a top jww no doubt... but he isnt p4p just yet

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      Miguel Vasquez would out box Broner pretty easily
      Care to break that one down for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
        I don't know man. Khan is talented but he's already been knocked out twice. I'm curious to see how he'll look in his next fight with a new trainer. I think Khan is who he is at this point. I see Khan reverting to trying to brawl against Broner and getting picked apart on the inside and eventually stopped. Khan has no inside game. I don't see him trying to outbox AB from the outside.
        Why not? Khan would dictate the fight, he has every advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
          I look at guys replies, that were so sure Demarco would win, now saying this guy and this guy will beat Broner, and just laugh. They are obviously haters that are basically talking through their ass just to get a reaction from Broner fans.
          Give an example, specifically.

Don't just say "these guys" and lump us all into the (admittedly ******ed) category of being "haters".

Who fits this decription, specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            I know he's very talented. He does a lot of subtle stuff to set his punches up and his defense is pretty underrated. He's just not as physically gifted as Broner is, and that would be the difference between the two.

Defensively Matthysse would do much better than most Broner fans would expect, and offensively he's a ****ing nightmare. I just don't see the judges favoring his style in a close fight with a flash artist like Broner.

Hence the reason I think he'll lose a majority of the rounds on the cards, but ultimately win the fight regardless.
            I'm not so sure about the cards. Matthyse is like a more skilled, larger version of Ponce. Ponce came very close on the cards, I personally thought the fight was probably a draw, but it was a nightmare for Broner.

I don't see how Matthyse would do any worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocco Cain View Post
              Care to break that one down for us?
              Vasquez is the much bigger man and a style thats damn near impossible to win a decision against. Look at Vasquez fights against Kim, Zappa and Prescott not his last fight which he wasn't at all motivated for.

Comment

Fair point.

We'll just have to wait and see if the fight happens, though I doubt it will. I think Broner will fight at least once more at 135 before moving up, and I doubt he'll be eager to take on the task of Matthysse after just entering the division. He'll most likely pick a creampuff to test the waters on.

140 just got a lot more interesting, though.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                  Not just that though.

Bradley's reflexes/defense is EXTREMELY underrated.

Pac is light years faster than Broner and Bradley pulled a matrix on Pac with his hands down. I think he dodged like 6 punches back to back with his hands dropped.

I see Bradley having very effective defense and finding little pot shot holes in Broner's defense that he can exploit.

But the point is, it's not just Bradley making it an ugly fight that will beat Broner. In fact, I don't even think he has to make it ugly. I think Bradley can outbox him on the outside and bang with him evenly on the inside.

At this point, Bradley is just as fast if not faster and just the better fighter all around. And that's not even mentioning the "head" factor.
                  Obviously, I never said Bradley wasn't skilled in that way as well, but he is above all else a very intelligent fighter, and he would fight the smartest fight possible for himself.

He wouldn't hang around inside, and when and if he did, he would make sure to tie up Broners arms and work his head in his face before getting back out.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                    Does anybody know what happened to Andrei Kotelnik?
                    He retired didn't he ?

Comment

no. Broner is a transcendent talent. The 2nd coming of Mayweather Jr. You may
                      want him to lose but he keeps racking up the wins no matter the opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X