Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people say Calzaghe has a better resume than Froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Resume is not who you fought, it's who you beat.
    Oh really I'm pretty sure when you look up someones resume it shows you all their fights not just the wins

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
      i don't think so............obviously the better the opponents the higher risk for a loss.

froch consistently fights top ter guys. i think that adds to the resume............
      Only if he beat them. When looking for work, do you list all the wonderful jobs you applied for but didn't get on your resume? I didn't think so.

Comment

Why list Ward and Kessler??he lost to them?

Comment

Only if he beat them. When looking for work, do you list all the wonderful jobs you applied for but didn't get on your resume? I didn't think so.

dude.

if i fight ali, fraizer, foreman, lewis, tyson, holmes. & i beat 3 of the 5. (but lose to 2) the other 2 are still worth mentioning because it shows i fought everyone (the best of my era) it shows the consistency of my career.

if i beat 1 of those guys & have a undefeated record (with no one worth mentioning) it's a weaker resume.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 11-17-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

dude.

if i fight ali, fraizer, foreman, lewis, tyson, holmes. & i beat 3 of the 5. the other 2 are still worth mentioning because it shows i fought everyone (the best of my era)

if i beat 1 of those guys & have a undefeated record (with no one worth mentioning) it's a weaker resume.
            True - because you beat three legends out of five. Not quite what happened here. Here...his best win is over Jean Pascal. And he lost every round to the best opponent he fought (Ward) and looked completely out of his league.

Comment

True - because you beat three legends out of five. Not quite what happened here. Here...his best win is over Jean Pascal. And he lost every round to the best opponent he fought (Ward) and looked completely out of his league.
              if you say so...........

anyway i must run to broner vs darmarco.

Comment

His best win was Dirrell whos gonna show hes up there with the elite of elites in the future. Froch beat Kessler in my opinion even with all the crazy crap that happened to him during the week of the fight he still beat him and couldve stopped him in the 5th.

Taylor+Johnson+Ward+Dirrell+Kessler+Pascal+Bute+Ab raham is already no doubt head and shoulders above Calzaghes resume, Frochs got 175 run where he can beat Dawson imo if hes as good as he is at 168, hes also got a list of rematches that include Kessler, Ward, Dirrell, Bute before he leaves the division. Theres no doubt Frochs resume is in a completely different class to Calzaghe.
                You can't have a resume completely and solely built off of beating via Split decision a 43year old hopkins(which many think he lost) and fighting 20+tomato cans.

Comment

if you say so...........

anyway i must run to broner vs darmarco.
                  Not if - fact. Best win = Pascal. Lost one-sided to Ward.

Turned to the fight as well.

Comment

Not if - fact. Best win = Pascal. Lost one-sided to Ward.

Turned to the fight as well.
                    its not a fact what are you on about, his best win was Dirrel or Bute, certainly not Pascal

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                      His best win was Dirrell whos gonna show hes up there with the elite of elites in the future. Froch beat Kessler in my opinion even with all the crazy crap that happened to him during the week of the fight he still beat him and couldve stopped him in the 5th.

Taylor+Johnson+Ward+Dirrell+Kessler+Pascal+Bute+Ab raham is already no doubt head and shoulders above Calzaghes resume, Frochs got 175 run where he can beat Dawson imo if hes as good as he is at 168, hes also got a list of rematches that include Kessler, Ward, Dirrell, Bute before he leaves the division. Theres no doubt Frochs resume is in a completely different class to Calzaghe.
                      You can't have a resume completely and solely built off of beating via Split decision a 43year old hopkins(which many think he lost) and fighting 20+tomato cans.
                      His best win is Dirrell?? Tell me...what has Dirrell done in his career?

Comment

Working...
                      X