Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao - Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tha_Greatest View Post
    i woulda favored morales but i can also see your point, woulda shoulda coulda, it never happened in their prime so for all we know, pac beats morales, i dont know
    MOrales wuda cuda shuda won so wuda cuda shuda pac in this wuda cuda shuda fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
      The smaller man winning in boxing isn't something new. Speed kills in the ring. That's why older guys are usually forced to move up. Pac is good, but you never watched, or have no concept of how good Morales really was back then. I was a kid and he knew he was something special.
      Morales style of fighting is not the right style to beat prime Pacquiao. It was well known to everybody to beat Pacquiao you must fight like Marquez (a master counter puncher or box at least) and Marquez was close to beat prime Pacquiao.

Morales aggressive/fearless Mexican style do or die attitude will always play well in the hands of prime Pacquiao. It was proven against a lot of bigger fighters who suffered great defeat in the hands of Pacquiao. It was well known to a boxing world including you, that nobody should fight Pacquiao like that. Pacquiao speed and punching power alone is more enough to beat prime aggressive do or die come forward Morales.

The Pacquiao who beat by Morales was a one dimensional who relied too much of his left hand not to mention the blood flowing from a cut he suffered was blocking his vision the entire fight but still gave Morales a life and death win. In the second fight as shown, Pacquiao healthy eyes and improved right hand was like a magnet on Morales face, broke his nose. The rest is history.
      Last edited by whirlwind; 11-14-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
        The smaller man winning in boxing isn't something new. Speed kills in the ring. That's why older guys are usually forced to move up. Pac is good, but you never watched, or have no concept of how good Morales really was back then. I was a kid and he knew he was something special.
        This man knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
          We had faded slightly faded Morales beat up a very much prime Pacquiao.

Pacquiao didn't know how to control distance without movement. Still doesn't. Morales would take advantage of that every time.
          I mean, that pretty much sums it up, right? Pac is a greater fighter than Morales, but past prime Morales beat Pacquiao. Of course prime Morales should at least be the clear favorite. Unless you want to argue that past prime Morales learned things that benefited him against Pac that he didn't know in his prime.

Comment

Originally posted by Toyman View Post
            considering a prime morales went life and death with a green version of pacquiao [a fight which i scored a draw] and had to take advantage of a cut caused by a headbutt, i say a prime vs prime match ends up how the 2nd and 3rd ended, which is with morales on his knees in the corner.
            Pac had over 40 fights but he was green? Oh boy.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
              Prime Pac beat prime Morales. Why? Because prime Morales barely beat a one dimensional Pacquiao who suffered a nasty cut above his eyes and the blood was keep flowing on his eyes blurring his vision the entire fight.

Its sound like excuses but in the second fight (3rd fight and other fights against bigger fighters) where a healthty Pacquiao proved Morales style of fighting (macho, aggressive style) has no match to the much improved version of Pacquiao.
              Morales was drained as hell. Call it an excuse if you like but it's true.

Comment

Prime El Terrible.

Comment

erik morales

Comment

I think Erik was in decline after his 2nd loss to Barrera (arguably 3rd loss) going into the Pac fight but he still won pretty comfortably.

Eriks speed and reactions werent as good as they were in his prime but he still had enough to beat Pac. The following two fights they had Erik took a convincing defeat to Zahir Raheem and after that he was badly wieght drained. He couldnt even beat David Diaz so clearly not what he was.

Prime Erik beats prime Pac

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                      We had faded slightly faded Morales beat up a very much prime Pacquiao.

Pacquiao didn't know how to control distance without movement. Still doesn't. Morales would take advantage of that every time.
                      ^^this times a million. prime morales beats prime pacquiao all day everyday

Comment

Working...
                      X