Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Erik Morales vs Manny Pacquiao - Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
    You think the person age is not the main factor to someone to be called on his prime? What else then? So what age when Morales was in his prime? at 25, 26, 27 when he was winning all his fights? then suddenly became past his prime at 28 after beating Pacquiao? LMAO
    You wanna know why they say all these up and coming fighters are scared and cherry picking? That reason right there. Every fight takes a toll, you have to choose wisely nowadays to preserve not just your career but yourself in a sense. People praise "the greats" more now than ever because of that theory and how practiced it seems to be lately. Though, I do give credit, fighters are vocalizing they want more. Anyway...

THAT being said. Morales was at the tail end of his prime when he fought Pacquiao. I say tail end even though he was 28 because Morales doesn't fight, he battles and goes to war with you. Even through the 3 wars he went through with Barrera and all the past fights leading up to that. Morales had gone through enough to really start slowing him down. He still managed to serve Pacquiao. Watch that fight again. I think Pacquiao did well but he didn't win that fight. Sadly, Morales looks a little slower in that fight. The 2nd fight is where it's more apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by RightStraight View Post
      You wanna know why they say all these up and coming fighters are scared and cherry picking? That reason right there. Every fight takes a toll, you have to choose wisely nowadays to preserve not just your career but yourself in a sense. People praise "the greats" more now than ever because of that theory and how practiced it seems to be lately. Though, I do give credit, fighters are vocalizing they want more. Anyway...

THAT being said. Morales was at the tail end of his prime when he fought Pacquiao. I say tail end even though he was 28 because Morales doesn't fight, he battles and goes to war with you. Even through the 3 wars he went through with Barrera and all the past fights leading up to that. Morales had gone through enough to really start slowing him down. He still managed to serve Pacquiao. Watch that fight again. I think Pacquiao did well but he didn't win that fight. Sadly, Morales looks a little slower in that fight. The 2nd fight is where it's more apparent.
      I actually think Erik's prime pretty much ended in the second half of the second fight with Pacquiao. He went from looking as though he were going to win again handily to all of the sudden hitting the proverbial wall and of course the little avalanche, Pac, just kept coming.

Comment

This fight already happened, and Morales won.

Comment

You think the person age is not the main factor to someone to be called on his prime? What else then? So what age when Morales was in his prime? at 25, 26, 27 when he was winning all his fights? then suddenly became past his prime at 28 after beating Pacquiao? LMAO
          how about ...when his performances start to deteriorate from all the wars he's been in?

Comment

Wilfred Benitez wasn't just faded by the age of 28, he was completely shot.

He went from beating the likes of Palomino, Cervantes and Curry, schooling Roberto Duran, surviving the distance against prime Hearns and giving Ray Leonard what he maintains was his most difficult victory, to being KO'd by a nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              how about ...when his performances start to deteriorate from all the wars he's been in?
              Sound like excuses. Pacquiao was in a war more than Morales you can imagine and that was against champion after champion not to mention this fights happened out of his comfortable weight division many divisions above. Take note he was also older than Morales now. Is he past his prime now because of his close win against Marquez 3 and the robbery against Bradley or maybe because of their styles?

How about if there is another side of the story? It could be that Pacquiao is just this great and greater than Morales. The fact that Pacquiao beat the much bigger/punch heavier fighters like Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Mosley and Margarito who fought somehow like Morales in between proved no matter how prime Morales is..the prime Pacquiao will still beat him. That is right.

Comment

El Terrible won when he was already fading. The dude was a ring general. He'd PUNISH Paquiao something fierce.

Comment

Sound like excuses. Pacquiao was in a war more than Morales you can imagine and that was against champion after champion not to mention this fights happened out of his comfortable weight division many divisions above. Take note he was also older than Morales now. Is he past his prime now because of his close win against Marquez 3 and the robbery against Bradley or maybe because of their styles?

How about if there is another side of the story? It could be that Pacquiao is just this great and greater than Morales. The fact that Pacquiao beat the much bigger/punch heavier fighters like Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Mosley and Margarito who fought somehow like Morales in between proved no matter how prime Morales is..the prime Pacquiao will still beat him. That is right.
                  The smaller man winning in boxing isn't something new. Speed kills in the ring. That's why older guys are usually forced to move up. Pac is good, but you never watched, or have no concept of how good Morales really was back then. I was a kid and he knew he was something special.

Comment

Eric was an "old" 29 when he first fought pac. Those ring wars he went through with his mexican style of fighting almost guarantee that he'd be shot before he reach the age of 30.

Pac's style is is also that of a mexican warrior which maybe the reason why many mexicans respect him including morales.

Having said that I ain't voting in this wuda cuda shuda poll. They already fought 3 times, that's more than enough compared to a fantasy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                      Eric was an "old" 29 when he first fought pac. Those ring wars he went through with his mexican style of fighting almost guarantee that he'd be shot before he reach the age of 30.

Pac's style is is also that of a mexican warrior which maybe the reason why many mexicans respect him including morales.

Having said that I ain't voting in this wuda cuda shuda poll. They already fought 3 times, that's more than enough compared to a fantasy fight.
                      i woulda favored morales but i can also see your point, woulda shoulda coulda, it never happened in their prime so for all we know, pac beats morales, i dont know

Comment

Working...
                      X