Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Ward Will Fight Me, He Has Nowhere To Go!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    What, like Kelly Pavlik?

Big payday? Froch could arguably make more money fighting Nathan Cleverly. Im pretty sure Warren offered him his largest ever purse which would mean more than he got fighting Ward.
    Of course he wouldn't. Ward is now one of HBO's main stars, fighting on this network is much more lucrative than fighting on Sky sports. The gate money would be pretty big but most of the money comes from the networks.

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
    And, to be honest this fight is pointless as a fan of both of them. Ward left no doubts the first time around, so why do a rematch?
    That's what I'm saying. They wanna see him try to beat the best but it would most likely be a waste of time for everybody.

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
    Simply not true Froch could earn more fighting in the UK against certain opposition. Froch genuinely believes he can beat Ward and there is nothing wrong with that don't know why anyone would doubt Froch's self belief for a second.

Fighting a shot alcoholic would be a cherry pick. And 175 is far from a stacked division if that's the direction he wants to go in.

Froch is actually at the top of the list of credible opponents for Ward.
    I didn't say anything about Froch's self belief, although he's made some comments in the past that made it seem like he wasn't that confident he could ever beat Ward. But maybe it was just the post-schooling depression.

Anyway confident or not, all fighters go for the $$$, it's the law of the land. Right now the biggest payday at 168 is Andre Ward.

And yes Pavlik is a BS fight, I said it the moment it was brought up.
    Last edited by Light_Speed; 11-13-2012, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      somebody ought to show froch the first fight and remind him that he thought about retiring after it...

why rematch a fight like that?
      I think he owes it to himself to try again.

andre ward is going to move up to 175 in 2013 if new fighters at SMW don't make themselves cant miss opponents.
      I don't really believe that. Commentators and interviewers are always putting it to Ward about moving up but he never responds enthusiastically and wouldn't even consider a catchweight against Dawson.

Ward will probably move up one day, but I don't think it will be any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
        Of course he wouldn't. Ward is now one of HBO's main stars, fighting on this network is much more lucrative than fighting on Sky sports. The gate money would be pretty big but most of the money comes from the networks.
        A fight with Cleverly could potentially be on PPV here and the purse he was offered was larger than what he got fighting Ward.

To suggest that Froch is some fighter who is simply chasing money makes you ridiculous. He is probably the last fighter in boxing you could level that accusation at.

Comment

Originally posted by rich6666 View Post
          I want to see it. You are happy with Ward "the son of god" fighting the likes of Pavlik?
          His nickname isn't "The Son of God."

It's "Son of God," as in everyone is a son of God.

Comment

A fight with Cleverly could potentially be on PPV here and the purse he was offered was larger than what he got fighting Ward.
            But is it larger than what he would make against Ward today? I don't think so.

To suggest that Froch is some fighter who is simply chasing money makes you ridiculous. He is probably the last fighter in boxing you could level that accusation at.
            All fighters do it. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that santa doesn't exist.

Comment

But is it larger than what he would make against Ward today? I don't think so.

All fighters do it. I'm sorry to be the one to tell you that santa doesn't exist.
              I believe it was over a million pounds plus potential PPV revenue. I doubt Dawson got that to face Ward.

All fighters want big money but certain fighters chase money solely. Froch is clearly not one of these fighters. You trying to sound clever is not a good look for you.

Comment

But is it larger than what he would make against Ward today? I don't think so
                You seem to be mistaken Ward simply does not generate huge money he is not some kind of cash cow he has a relatively small fan base and his style is not considered aesthetically pleasing.

Dan Rafael reported that both Froch and Dawson only made 600K fighting Ward. Ward earned 900K vs Froch and around 1.3mil vs Dawson. Both Froch and Ward also got money from UK TV on top of that.

Hardly ground breaking figures in this day and age.

Comment

Why would anyone want to see this rematch? That was a completely one-sided uncompetitive clinic? In fact, now that Ward is settling down on his punches more and taking things to the next level, I think he will stop Froch if they fight again actually. As always respect to Froch for fighting anyone anywhere but I am sorry, Froch does not have the skill or ability to handle Ward, unless like in any situation, he lands a lucky punch.

Comment

I believe it was over a million pounds plus potential PPV revenue. I doubt Dawson got that to face Ward.

All fighters want big money but certain fighters chase money solely. Froch is clearly not one of these fighters. You trying to sound clever is not a good look for you.
                    They were probably bullshittin, no way Froch makes that much against Cleverly. He's not even a huge star over there, he ain't on Haye or Khan level.

Froch is chasing that dough just like everybody else in the game. That's the cold hard truth.

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
                    You seem to be mistaken Ward simply does not generate huge money he is not some kind of cash cow he has a relatively small fan base and his style is not considered aesthetically pleasing.

Dan Rafael reported that both Froch and Dawson only made 600K fighting Ward. Ward earned 900K vs Froch and around 1.3mil vs Dawson. Both Froch and Ward also got money from UK TV on top of that.

Hardly ground breaking figures in this day and age.
                    Most of the money in a fight comes from the networks and HBO pays big money for his fights. He made 1 and 1/2 mil in his first HBO fight and if he keeps winning his paydays will keep increasing. Which super middleweight makes more money than him?

Comment

They were probably bullshittin, no way Froch makes that much against Cleverly. He's not even a huge star over there, he ain't on Haye or Khan level.

Froch is chasing that dough just like everybody else in the game. That's the cold hard truth.

Most of the money in a fight comes from the networks and HBO pays big money for his fights. He made 1 and 1/2 mil in his first HBO fight and if he keeps winning his paydays will keep increasing. Which super middleweight makes more money than him?
                      But clearly his opponents don't do as well. Isn't 600k for lineal champ Dawson a lot less than you'd expect?

Comment

Working...
                      X