Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch: Ward Will Fight Me, He Has Nowhere To Go!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
    Needs to do everything he can to fight Kessler or Dirrell. Props to him for wanting the best, but no one wants to see him against Ward again at this juncture.
    I want to see it. You are happy with Ward "the son of god" fighting the likes of Pavlik?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Controversial decision?
      With my eye and many others, yes it was. The way Ward was able to headbutt, hit and hold and no doubt home town reffing.

Kessler was the champion, he deserves his rematch outside of Oakland especially now he has fought his way back to be potentially Wards mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by rich6666 View Post
        With my eye and many others, yes it was. The way Ward was able to headbutt, hit and hold and no doubt home town reffing.

Kessler was the champion, he deserves his rematch outside of Oakland especially now he has fought his way back to be potentially Wards mandatory.
        The headbutts and whatnot may have been controversial but there was nothing controversial about the decision. Ward won almost every round.

Froch-Ward was a closer fight. If anyone deserves a rematch, its Froch. Kessler should man up and fight Froch in Nottingham. Winner gets Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          The headbutts and whatnot may have been controversial but there was nothing controversial about the decision. Ward won almost every round.

Froch-Ward was a closer fight. If anyone deserves a rematch, its Froch. Kessler should man up and fight Froch in Nottingham. Winner gets Ward.
          I somewhat disagree. The last headbutt on Kessler that ultimately ended the fight was as blatant as they come and the ref called it an accidental headbutt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
            If Froch fights Ward again,I truly would think he is not a fighter from this era...I mean who goes looking for a fighter like Ward??Froch is my dude...Straight up G..
            He's looking for a big payday because he's in his mid 30s and will probably retire soon. He doesn't deserve a rematch against Ward, it would be an awful cherry pick from Ward.

Originally posted by rich6666 View Post
            I want to see it.
            You want to see Froch get dominated again? What did he do to you?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
              He's looking for a big payday because he's in his mid 30s and will probably retire soon. He doesn't deserve a rematch against Ward, it would be an awful cherry pick from Ward.

You want to see Froch get dominated again? What did he do to you?
              I just want a man to be given an opportunity to try again to become the best, He deserves to be given the chance.

Do you want Ward to stay in Oakland and fight the Pavlik's of this world?
              Last edited by rich6666; 11-13-2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

What, like Kelly Pavlik?

Big payday? Froch could arguably make more money fighting Nathan Cleverly. Im pretty sure Warren offered him his largest ever purse which would mean more than he got fighting Ward.

Comment

Quite a tune changer from Carl, in previous interviews when Ward was brought up, he honestly seemed disgruntled about it, and didn't want to focus on it. And, to be honest this fight is pointless as a fan of both of them. Ward left no doubts the first time around, so why do a rematch? Bute was an impressive win, but just because you beat a fighter who's been one helluva enigma, doesn't mean a rematch with an entirely different fighter who dominated the first time around would be different.

Now, say if Froch wins the rematch with Bute and then won a Kessler rematch THEN the fight would make more sense, but right now it doesn't. Ward is just now reaching his peak and is improving fight by fight, while Froch is surely starting to come down from his peak, the fight is pointless IMO. And everyone in here knows damn well if Ward took on a Froch rematch he'd be "cherry picking" and would be "fighting someone he already beat" etc etc. Given the things that have been said by Ward and his team, I have the impression the Pavlik fight next or whoever they fight, will be the last fight at 168 before moving up to 175.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                    ward beat you clearly the first time. and will do it again a second time. ward is like mayweather. talently gifted and smart
                    He's better than Mayweather, he consistently takes on the best in his division.

Comment

Simply not true Froch could earn more fighting in the UK against certain opposition. Froch genuinely believes he can beat Ward and there is nothing wrong with that don't know why anyone would doubt Froch's self belief for a second.

Fighting a shot alcoholic would be a cherry pick. And 175 is far from a stacked division if that's the direction he wants to go in.

Froch is actually at the top of the list of credible opponents for Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X