No announcement yet.

Dibella: "Martin Murray is the desired opponent" [for Martinez]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    There was absolutely nothing wrong with those fights Burner, I know you didn't go mia when he was "supposedly" ducking Dzinziruk, no one saw that as a cherry pick at the time, it was after the fight where people shitted on that win.
    Im talking about fighting him (Dzizniruk) at 160 rather than 154. But this guy will fight smaller guys at 154 no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Mayweather and Pacquiao get ripped to shreds for fighting guys like Cotto and Margarito

Martin Murray....wtf?
      The worst part is the boxrec idiots who haven't seen the Murray-Sturm fight are presuming Murray was robbed in Germany when in actual fact he was very lucky to get the draw and should have lost the fight despite the decent effort.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Django~ View Post
        Im talking about fighting him (Dzizniruk) at 160 rather than 154. But this guy will fight smaller guys at 154 no issue.
        Ok you were doing ok until this post.

What purpose would be served by going down to 154 for Dzinzurik? Plus Dzinzurik wanted to move up so if he lost, he'd still have his belt at 154.

Dzinzurik was a decent fight imo. All the ones since then have been pretty gash. Even Chavez Jr although he deserves a pass for that because of the money involved.

Comment

What purpose would be served by going down to 154 for Dzinzurik? Plus Dzinzurik wanted to move up so if he lost, he'd still have his belt at 154.

Dzinzurik was a decent fight imo. All the ones since then have been pretty gash. Even Chavez Jr although he deserves a pass for that because of the money involved.
          I didn't mind Dzinzurik either it was a solid win and I didn't even mind Macklin that much.

Darren Barker was the final straw for me and now Martin Murray is just plain ridiculous.

Comment

Because 154 is his best weight. At the end of the day though it was nothing to ride home about. I didn't think he would KO him so props for that but even still that was an average win at best.

When you look at his recent fights as a whole its lack luster to say the least. Since the Williams rematch his comp has been at a steady decline.

Comment

I don't see how that made a difference, honestly. I was in the minority when I said Dzinziruk ain't all that, I remember this clearly, however most were giving him a chance at the upset. This is why people continue to discredit Floyd, Hopkins, Ward (Currently) they forget what the consensus was going into some of their fights. I could understand knocking him for Barker fight, but the Dzinziruk fight? I don't see it. You being a Paul Williams fan I'm certain you didn't forget the hype that was Dzinziruk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                I don't see how that made a difference, honestly. I was in the minority when I said Dzinziruk ain't all that, I remember this clearly, however most were giving him a chance at the upset. This is why people continue to discredit Floyd, Hopkins, Ward (Currently) they forget what the consensus was going into some of their fights. I could understand knocking him for Barker fight, but the Dzinziruk fight? I don't see it. You being a Paul Williams fan I'm certain you didn't forget the hype that was Dzinziruk.
                He was hyped sure. But so was Bute. Most of the hype was from Tunney and that Mizkenko guy.

Hell lets say it as a good win meh what has the guy done since? He had a draw in his last fight.

Side Note- Williams would've raped Dzinziruk.

Comment

Its pretty obvious most of you dont know **** about sports in Argentina, fighting a british with a huge attendance (50.000) would be a big pressure to Martinez. Its not like people will be sitting quiet.

This is where he is going to fight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoGWW60fyfU

By the way, enjoy the haka... lol

Comment

He was hyped sure. But so was Bute. Most of the hype was from Tunney and that Mizkenko guy.

Hell lets say it as a good win meh what has the guy done since? He had a draw in his last fight.

Side Note- Williams would've raped Dzinziruk.
                    Even the Youtube comments were unbearable, me I found Dzinziruk to be extremely basic, no head/ or upper body movement, extremely robotic who's sole way to defend is to keep a high guard, I was happy to see Martinez trash him. I guess another reason I'm not overly critical is because of how often Martinez fights, we'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I wish everyone would call out Martinez the way they do Mayweather and Pac. The double standards for him compared to those two, especially since so many want to rank Martinez above them, are pathetic.
                      Martinez fighting Murray is like Mayweather fighting a Malignaggi, Lopez, Kirkland, Angulo. Can you imagine the s**t he'd get for that???

Mayweather fighting Mosley, Ortiz, Cotto > Sergio fighting Dzinziruk, Barker, Macklin, Chavez, and Murray

S**t, even Manny fought Timothy Bradley last time out, a Top 10 P4P and undefeated fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X