No announcement yet.

Who's greater? Froch or Calzaghe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
    Then why do you consider Roy a good win for Joe??? Roy's win over Tito is the same thing, Tito was totally irrelevant as a top fighter when Roy beat him.
    Sorry, but that's how the sport works. Nobody has been able to fix it, and you're surely nothing special in that aspect. Stop complaining.

I JUST mentioned the reason people considered the Calzaghe win over RJJ agreat win...becaus eh had just had a "shades of the old Roy" performance against Tito, regardless of Tito's lack of performance.

Should we just blame Roy for looking that good against Tito, and not being able to pull the trigger against Joe? Sorry of the public ate up the Tito victory, and made it into a "Roy comeback". C'mon man. Again, stop your butthurt songcry.

Comment

I voted for Calzaghe. He was an exciting fighter to watch. I would have liked Calzaghe to face Jones and Hopkins in their prime he got dropped by both guys when he did fight them Hopkins was still winning fights but Roy was done. I do like both these guys though but Calzaghe is greater then Froch. Carl is not done yet he's got like five good fights in him left so he can surpass Calzaghe after his career is all done and over with. You gotta like Froch for willing to fight the best fighters out there. One of my favorite current fighters right now.

Comment

froch........ all of his world title fights have been against dangerous opposition........ even mack is not an easy fight for most, but given the strength of his resume its considered a mismatch by some!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Yeah, Tito coming off a 3 year lay off and hadn't won a fight in longer than that.

No one thought Roy Jones had anything left in the tank at this point.
          Thank you...that's how fans make help the sport revolve. I don't totally agree with it, but again, that's how boxing goes.

Comment

In the Tito fight, HBO were creaming their pants, George Foreman on commentary was jumping up and down screaming "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              Sorry, but that's how the sport works. Nobody has been able to fix it, and you're surely nothing special in that aspect. Stop complaining.

I JUST mentioned the reason people considered the Calzaghe win over RJJ agreat win...becaus eh had just had a "shades of the old Roy" performance against Tito, regardless of Tito's lack of performance.

Should we just blame Roy for looking that good against Tito, and not being able to pull the trigger against Joe? Sorry of the public ate up the Tito victory, and made it into a "Roy comeback". C'mon man. Again, stop your butthurt songcry.
              No one with a brain cell considers Calzaghe's win over Roy Jones a great win.

For the same reason no one considers Berbick's win over Ali a great win.

Which I am assuming is his point.

Comment

The sport may work like that to casual fans that don't know s-hit about Boxing. Hardcore fans know that wins like that shouldn't be considered as top wins for a boxer's resume. I'm sorry but I'm correct here.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                  In the Tito fight, HBO were creaming their pants, George Foreman on commentary was jumping up and down screaming "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!" "ROY'S BACK!!!!!"
                  Does this somehow change the fact Tito was coming off a 3 year lay off, hadn't won a fight in longer than that and was clearly completely shot?

Should we turn off our common sense and dismiss these fact's because HBO said "He's back"?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    No one with a brain cell considers Calzaghe's win over Roy Jones a great win.

For the same reason no one considers Berbick's win over Ali a great win.

Which I am assuming is his point.
                    I dont either. I bet people thought Roy was back when he dropped Joe in the 1st round. After the tables turned...people immediately started the whole "Oh yeah, Roy's shot now".

Comment

I dont either. I bet people thought Roy was back when he dropped Joe in the 1st round. After the tables turned...people immediately started the whole "Oh yeah, Roy's shot now".
                      No, most were thinking;

"Wow, a shot to **** Roy Jones just dropped Calzaghe. I wasn't expecting that".

Comment

Working...
                      X