Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Mosley and Nishioka were both old

They were both ranked #1 when Mayweather/Donaire fought them

They both had people saying that they would would be ducked by their said conquerors

They both got thrashed

Nishioka just had a longer winning streak.....

Didn't have confidence you would be able to do it on your own
    That's a good comparison.

Before the fight they were both considered threats and legit fights.

After the fight, the tunes changed.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      That's a good comparison.

Before the fight they were both considered threats and legit fights.

After the fight, the tunes changed.
      Thanks man.....

Pretty much

Comment

Mosley and Nishioka were both old

They were both ranked #1 when Mayweather/Donaire fought them

They both had people saying that they would would be ducked by their said conquerors

They both got thrashed

Nishioka just had a longer winning streak.....

Didn't have confidence you would be able to do it on your own
        Actually your wrong. Even Arum made a statement that Mosley would be a tougher fight then Manny. Everyone was expecting Mosley to steam roll Floyd and even some jokers on here were making claims Floyd was going to pull out.

Bottom line Mosley is a bad example because Mosley went into the Floyd fight with much more cred especially after destroying the bada$$ Margarito. Even Manny was ducking Mosley even with the catchweight. Only after Floyd dominated Mosley is when Mosley was looked as passed it. Nishioka was carring the rep closer with the Mosley that Pac fought. Don't get the two confused.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
          Nishioka was undefeated for the last 8 years!!!!!
          Lets substitute Donaire-Nishioka and replace it with Mayweather-Mosley.... Pretty sure your tune would change
          Actually your wrong. Even Arum made a statement that Mosley would be a tougher fight then Manny. Everyone was expecting Mosley to steam roll Floyd and even some jokers on here were making claims Floyd was going to pull out.

Bottom line Mosley is a bad example because Mosley went into the Floyd fight with much more cred especially after destroying the bada$$ Margarito. Even Manny was ducking Mosley even with the catchweight. Only after Floyd dominated Mosley is when Mosley was looked as passed it. Nishioka was carring the rep closer with the Mosley that Pac fought. Don't get the two confused.
          Point made......

Comment

i don't expect him to get any props tho since he's filipino...filipino fighters i noticed get judged more critically than most.

Comment

Point made......
              Please show me a post where you claimed Mosley was shot before making the fight with Floyd. .

Show me which fighter Nishioka fought that carried as much weight as Mosley's win over Margarito.

Mosley(that Floyd fought)>Nishioka

Mosley(that Pac fought)=Nishioka

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                i don't expect him to get any props tho since he's filipino...filipino fighters i noticed get judged more critically than most.
                Really. What about Manny's gift decisions over Marquez and being labeled as the fighter of the decade for fighting washed up, weight drain bums.

If anything. Manny is free from critical judgement by him getting away with anything. Lets now forget Manny's 154 title bwhahahah.....Seems like Manny gets rules changed for his favor. Dude doesn't even want to get tested and wants everyone to take his word for being clean.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                  for what?! Beating Khan and zombie morales?

Maybe garcia gets an upset of the year mention (obviously that will go to bradley) or "Break out year" award if such thing exists but fighter of the year? no way.

Donaire assuming he wins is the clear and obvious choice. Ward could have had it if he fought again.
                  that's how poor the landscape is this year. i don't think much of garcia at all, but most of the top guys have only fought once or against lackluster competition. i wasn't expecting garcia to beat morales the first time, and certainly not khan. i suppose you could even say that i was a little surprised by the way he stopped morales in the rematch.

i think what garcia accomplished this year was more impressive than what donaire accomplished. donaire's best win was a 36 year old super bantam who hadn't fought in over a year. if he doesn't dominate and stop arce, no way in hell should he be considered.

Comment

Really. What about Manny's gift decisions over Marquez and being labeled as the fighter of the decade for fighting washed up, weight drain bums.

If anything. Manny is free from critical judgement by him getting away with anything. Lets now forget Manny's 154 title bwhahahah.....Seems like Manny gets rules changed for his favor. Dude doesn't even want to get tested and wants everyone to take his word for being clean.
                    well pacquiao definitely seems to get love from most of the msm..but i'm talking about boxing fans. i always noticed that filipino fighters get treated a bit too harshly and more critically by boxing fans...especially the up and comers and ones not named manny pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X