No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ariza: Pacquiao Gets a "10" For Recent Sparring Effort

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Berges View Post
    So dragging a 40 year old to 147 and doing what he was suppose to do in his last fight is an upset?
    i see, you're a troll

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
      i see, you're a troll
      How is that a troll post? I apologize if I offended you that's my bad, but you got to admit that's a b1tch move by Pac. Fight the old man at 140 and let the best man win that's all.

Comment

How is that a troll post? I apologize if I offended you that's my bad, but you got to admit that's a b1tch move by Pac. Fight the old man at 140 and let the best man win that's all.
        when has the higher ranked fighter gone down an entire division to fight the challenger?

this would be like cotto moving down to 140 to fight pacquiao, they met at a catchweight, like pacquiao marquez the first time, now marquez can try it at the full limit considering he handled the weight fine and was heavier than pacquiao

they both have something to prove but marquez is the one that shoots up in the rankings should he beat pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
          Im really worried for not just Marquez but every welterweight if Manny is even close to being his old self

the rhetoric if the fans of a fading fighter .....

Comment

when has the higher ranked fighter gone down an entire division to fight the challenger?

this would be like cotto moving down to 140 to fight pacquiao, they met at a catchweight, like pacquiao marquez the first time, now marquez can try it at the full limit considering he handled the weight fine and was heavier than pacquiao

they both have something to prove but marquez is the one that shoots up in the rankings should he beat pacquiao
            But this is more of a grudge match than anything. And when did Marquez and Pac fight at a catchweight other then his last fight? Can you seriously tell me that Pac won the fight the way they thought they would? They where planning to obliterate Marquez and it backed fired. Now be a man and fight him at 140, 4 pounds lighter than their last fight. Manny can make that weight easily.

Comment

now marquez can try it at the full limit considering he handled the weight fine and was heavier than pacquiao

marquez is the one that shoots up in the rankings should he beat pacquiao
              This bugs me real bad. How did Marquez handle the weight fine? He was slow as fck and his balance was horrible. All Marquez has at this weight is experience with Pac and his timing. He would not be able to compete with other fighters at this weight. The reason he looked good had to do more with Pac not being able to adjust and not being able to let go of his hands more often. At times Pac was just starring at Marquez waiting for something to happen. When was the last time you saw Pac just standing and not trowing? I don't know if you noticed but Marquez stock came up after their last encounter and it had the opposite effect on Pac.
              Last edited by El Malo.; 11-11-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

LOL the pac turds are disgracing themselves these threads

Comment

But this is more of a grudge match than anything. And when did Marquez and Pac fight at a catchweight other then his last fight? Can you seriously tell me that Pac won the fight the way they thought they would? They where planning to obliterate Marquez and it backed fired. Now be a man and fight him at 140, 4 pounds lighter than their last fight. Manny can make that weight easily.
                  asking any fighter to lose 6-7 lb's at 33 is usually asking for trouble, putting on weight isn't that hard, pacquiao-marquez 3 was a toss up, it's irrelevent is pacquiao's team was expecting to obliterate marquez, so were the majority on the boards, maybe marquez's steroids were the difference, but like i asked, how often has the higher ranked fighter gone down a division to fight the challenger?

remember who benefits from a victory, pacquiao wins it's "eh, marquez was old" and that's at any weightclass
                  Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-11-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

This bugs me real bad. How did Marquez handle the weight fine? He was slow as fck and his balance was horrible. All Marquez has at this weight is experience with Pac and his timing. He would not be able to compete with other fighters at this weight. The reason he looked good had to do more with Pac not being able to adjust and not being able to let go of his hands more often. At times Pac was just starring at Marquez waiting for something to happen. When was the last time you saw Pac just standing and not trowing?
                    between the two
                    the higher the weightclass the better for marquez, the only reason marquez wouldn't stand as good a chance vs the other 147 lb'ers is simply styles, because he's not a puncher, as active as pacquiao and doesn't have the chin vs the big guys, but vs pacquiao he stands a great chance

the higher they fight the better for marquez, he's the bigger man with the bigger frame, he'll take pacquiao's punch better, pacquiao will be slower and his activity will drop more, they could fight at 154 and pacquiao would be the one with the bigger disadvantage, only negative for marquez is age(which is a pretty big neg on it's own)

and how did you come to the conclusion his balance was terrible?
                    Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-11-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

pac haters seem to be more interested in this fight than fans themselves! don't forget to click "purchase"

Comment

Working...
                      X