No announcement yet.

How many of the top 10 ATG Hw's will be favorites against Current Wladimir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    Put the question different, who has Tyson faced that had the combined size and skillset of Wladimir? Only Lewis, and he lost to him.
    The Tyson Lewis fought wasn't 25% of the young Tyson. He was just there for the money and had no desire to win, he basically quit after the first few rounds.

Comment

I voted Ali, Foreman and Lewis. Ali and Foreman beat Wlad all night, every night. Ali is to fast, too skilled, throws too much and hits from a range of different angles. A prime Ali would cut Wlad up, bruise him and have the fight finished before the 13th. A post Zaire Ali would take Wlad 15 rounds and win a wide UD. Wlad doesn't have the skill set or the hunger to compete with Ali from 1964-1976.

I think the early to mid-70s version of Ali beats Wlad every single time. Knocks him out in the later rounds. Wlad doesn't have the chin that would allow him to hold up against such a hard hitting foe. Foreman was also relentless and wouldn't let Wlad just hold him, there would be vicious body shots pounding into Wlad's body.

Lewis is a guy who I think Wlad could have a very competitive trilogy with. Lewis has the power to stop Wlad but Wlad has the power to stop Lewis. Both guys boxed cautiously, both have great jabs and tremendous right hands. I've always thought Lewis is the more dynamic fighter with the better resume, thus better experience. It may come down to just that, experience.

I think Wlad has a great chance of knocking out Louis and Holyfield and/or breaking Bowe down, physically and psychologically. Marciano would take a sustained beating for 12 or 15 rounds, he wouldn't quit but he would get beat. Tyson could be out bullied, even in his prime and he could be out boxed. Wlad has the ability to do both but would he be able to take a flush shot from Iron Mike?

I just don't see how Holmes could beat Wlad, Holmes was a technical fighter, robotic and hard hitting. Wlad does all that and is much bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        The Tyson Lewis fought wasn't 25% of the young Tyson. He was just there for the money and had no desire to win, he basically quit after the first few rounds.
        True. Tyson still hasn't won against anyone of Wlad's size and skills.

Comment

I also think Frazier has a better chance than the poll suggests. His constant head movement would make it hard for Wlad to land those one-two's. Plus IF he could land that killer left Wlad would wobble.

But yes, Wlad would be a favourite.

Plus id give Louis, Foreman and Holmes a decent chance of beating him. Louis seems underrated by many. He wasnt as slow as people make out, plus he was one of the best finishers ever. KO power in both hands and was devastating on the inside.

Wach wouldnt have lasted against Louis. Thats for sure.

Comment

Picking tall fighters who relied on their reach to beat and even taller fighter who relied on his reach is flat out wrong. Picking short guys who need to work it on the inside to beat them is also wrong, because the Klits size alone has proven to completely nullify anyone who tries get on the inside.

Comment

I would bet only on Ali against current Wlad.

Lennox is 50:50 for me - complete toss up.
              Foreman close fight but I think Wlad takes is - he is better technical fighter, much faster and most importantly extremely good at avoiding big punches (this is a big advantage Manny developed in Wlad).

Tyson would need to KO wlad. Prime Tyson has every tool of doing so but that being said prime Tyson could KO just as likely any other prime HW (a couple things would need to work out for him).

Boxing is about hitting and not getting hit. Wlad is the guy who is very difficult to be hit. He controls his range exceptionally and he moves incredibly fast for such a big man.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                Picking tall fighters who relied on their reach to beat and even taller fighter who relied on his reach is flat out wrong. Picking short guys who need to work it on the inside to beat them is also wrong, because the Klits size alone has proven to completely nullify anyone who tries get on the inside.
                Simurgh seem a lot more knowledgeable about the heavyweights than you are.

First off. The reason Lennox is a favorite or 50-50 as Simurgh said is due to a combination of factors.
                Size: 6'5-6'6 against 6'6-6'7 245 vs 245. Reach: Advantage Lewis.
                Boxing SKills: Advantage Wladimir Right Hand: Arguably Wladimir
                Inside FIghting: Advantage Lennox. Footwork: Advantage Wladimir. Combination punching: Advantage Lennox.

If Lewis gets inside and make it a brawl it's very tough, but Wladimir is too great of a boxer to let Lewis get inside ALL the time. So that's why it's still a tough fight. People have the misconception about this h2h that they will just be swinging wildly at each other because Lewis bomb out super heavys.
                Like Manny Steward said, if they ever fought, Lennox will only fight one way. Go inside and stay inside.

Everyone from 6'5 to 6'8 and 240+ Pounds is pretty much a super heavy and there really is no physical 'advantage' outside of whoever have the longest reach in these height categories.

The REASON I will pick Ali to actually beat both WLADIMIR and Lewis btw is not because of his shocking power or his amazing boxing skills (Lewis and Wlad dominate him on both) but because he's a 6'3 HW Version of Roy Jones Jr with a very good chin.
                His foot step, hand speed, superior reflexes and movement will win him multiple rounds against Lewis or Wlad. The hand speed alone will have both Lennox and Wlad eating a lot of leather early on prior to their adjustment.

Styles actually do make fights though so it's just all perceptions.

Prime Tyson have a bigger chance of knocking Lewis or Wlad the **** out than he does against Vitali.

Prime Holyfield actually will win more rounds against Vitali with his style than against Lewis or Wlad.

As to Vitali himself, he isn't beating Wladimir or Lewis prime for prime. It's a joke. Sorry Vitali fans, the guy had a shorter prime than Tyson. When the **** was Vitali's prime? The Lewis fight and the Johnson fight? His prime showed up in 3 fights.

Wladimir will outbox Vitali to a wide 9-3 UD. It's a joke, people talking about Vitali knocking out Wladimir?
                When did Vitali suddenly have that one punch KO power? He never did, he need to build up an accumulation of punch output to grind his opponent down towards a late ko.

Comment

Thats why I have Wlad in my top 5 ATG Heavyweights, cause he could have beaten all of them except Ali, Lennox, and Foreman.

and i think vitali is top 10 too.

Comment

Hed be favored over Frazier, Marciano and Holmes

Evander is 50-50

Jack dempsey belongs on your list...

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                      Hed be favored over Frazier, Marciano and Holmes

Evander is 50-50

Jack dempsey belongs on your list...

Evander would have much better chance against Vitali than Wlad. Wlad is too good defensively and just as fast. It would be extremely hard for Evander to come inside without getting hit in the process.

I actually think Wlad would beat Evander more easily than Lennox due to better footwork, speed and defence (ability to avoid inside game and that's what Holydield's tactics depends on). Holfield is not a big puncher either to make it too dangerous for Wlad.

Comment

Working...
                      X