Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Powers Past Slick Moreno, Retains WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that fight was a split decision at worst. 116-110 was ridiculous, 120-106 says everthing you need to know about the state of boxing.

Comment

Mares is a dirty fighter and gets help from the ref this isn't the 1st time. anybody real fan of boxing can see it.

I can see a mexican wants to support his paisano but seriously being a straight nut hugger and supporting this allow this kind of BS to happen.

it's not whinning nor is it hating but people who love this sport can't stand to see it being trashed by FAKE champs like Abner Mares.

how many times will this cheat get away with this. if he did the same to Leo Santa Cruz then 1/2 of the same people supporting Mares would call him dirty.
      be objetive not a nut hugger

Comment

Close enough,but Mares won a fair decision(114-112,possibly 115-111).I've criticized Mares in the past for being so sloppy,but that was really necessary for him against a slippery cat like Moreno.I don't see how he'd beat Donaire,but he obviously wouldn't be that reckless against a puncher like Donaire.

Much more entertaining fight than I thought it'd be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
          I like both fighters(Mares & Moreno) but Mares does remind Me Golota with his dirty tactics(hitting low, rabbit punches & coming in with his head) & even thou I thought Mares won, the fight was definitely a lot closer & Moreno was fighting Mares, the ref(who did a real S H I T T Y job & was very clear he was favoring Mares) & that crazy judge that had it 120-106!! Donaire will MURDER Mares & Mares team should take a fight against Santa Cruz instead which will be a real good fight!!
          Mares, unfortunately, fought a very dirty fight tonight. He's a good, entertaining fighter, but it was too much. Frankly, he's the kind of guy I'd pull out all the stops for, just in case. The right ref, the right trunks, OST at least 3 months prior the fight - just saying, you never know what this guy's limits are. He did win, and again, he can be an appealing fighter...dirty tho. Donaire - Mares should definitely happen next

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
            ^^^^^ .............
            Mares already has a better resume than Cotto. I'm going to debunk the hype Cotto is tomorrow.

Comment

Mares is hard to watch for me. He's a high energy scrapper but gets away with murder in there. One of the other posters said it best, it's always controversy with mares

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Scorecards were bull crap, but I felt Mares won with the knockdown.

I had it 6-6 in rounds, 114-112 Mares.
                I had it the same. Man, mares fouls a lot. Very dirty customer. The 120 scorecard judge should be shot. Ruiz should be reprimanded too. You can't let a guy lead with his head all night. Also, when a guy like mares has a history of fouling and then fouls, you can't give him and not the other fighter the benefit of the doubt. He elbowed moreno at one point, low blowed him, hit him in the back, and led with his head, yet moreno lost a point. Huh?

Comment

I posted earlier don't understimate Mares, I picked him but Ca new Commish Andy Foster, just left GA, (how'd he get this job when nothing goes on in GA) needs to take some action vs the judge, I won't even give him credit by saying his name...every round 2 Abner...nothing like being consistently bad...

Comment

i got no problem with Mares style, theres two ways to deal with, push head down, or uppercut. Anyone who throws a volume of body shots always have issues with low blows, the refs just have to call him on it, calling him a dirty fighter is wrong. Agbeko,Vic and Moreno are all far from saints and **** me this isnt figure skating.

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                      Mares is hard to watch for me. He's a high energy scrapper but gets away with murder in there. One of the other posters said it best, it's always controversy with mares
                      Throw punches while I'm pulling your head down and see what happens. You think you're going to hit me in the face with those punches you're throwing? NOT!!

Comment

Working...
                      X