Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Powers Past Slick Moreno, Retains WBC Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
    GTFO hater
    Kill yourself! ......... I'm not a hater, I didn't say he sucks but hes a dirty fighter and gets away with way too much, compare his style to santa cruz. Leo works the body without going low and he actually hits the body not his opponents trunks.

Comment

Mares did what he had to do.....

Comment

You know, I really used to like mares up to the agbeko fight. Thought the kid had a really great fighting spirit....was good for boxing. After that fight I was disgusted beyond belief...especially considering the darchynian fight & some of the dirty stuff I gave him the benefit of doubt for. But its like every fight w/ him is controversy. Dirty sh#t every time out. How does he throw a man down...grab & punch...punch in the back....push etc. Come in low....punch wen told to break & the other guy get a point taken?? Wtf?

Having said that....mares did his job...fought an ugly...wild...dirty fight w/ intensity & let Oscar do the rest. He out hustled chemito in this fight. He fought very sloppy but effectively by way of activity. The kd was legit. But that's not hard to overcome in a fight.....jmm overcame 3 in one bout.

I think chemito didn't adjust properly to meet mares` energy and output. He didn't even realize wut was hurting mares in that rt hand to the body. He fights too methodically all the time. Guys have to learn wen to be tactically efficient & wen to get in the mud w/ a guy. Meet force w/ force. Moreno was up against it tonite w/ mares being at home & the champ & having a mega-fight looming. I thought he did some things well but he didn't act as if he was at a disadvantage. I fault him as well for letting this fight get away from him. Abner wore him down some too.

Comment

But you know something....

AND STILL UNDEFEATED AND STILL CHAMPION.

Originally posted by lazarito52 View Post
          Moreno won this fight . Rigondeaux beat mares , in final in a pan nam games , darchinian won it ,and acbeko won the first fight too.
          Mares is a dirty fighter , referes dont take points out of him , since is protected of oscar de lahoya. Rigo and donaire would ko this kid easily. Dirty fighter.

Comment

Mares will get layed out by Donaire if the fight ever happens. He's a B + fighter good enough to gut out wins against good opponents but a guy like Donaire would blast him. I think he's more on Arces level. I'm mexican but I could see WV2 beating Mares,

Comment

mares 115-111, great fight. Getting sick and tired of talking about judges after every fight. you could put 50000 people in a stadium to score that fight and not one would come up with 120-106. you could hear paulie laughing in background when they announced it. While i appreciate Mares' willingness to fight donaire, coming forward like that against the flash will have ya twiching on the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Why are PRs talking about dirty tactics when Tito and Cotto themselves admitted to doing it? Pathetic you only see a one way street cause of a flag. SMH!
                ^^^^^ .............

Comment

Mares used low blows against darchinian , acbeko and moreno . He also uses his head a lot and is not punished by the ref...stay away from rigondeaux , he will kill you. Donaire would destroy you too .

Comment

Well, you heard him in the post fight interview (if you watched it) he wants Donaire. There is no stay away in Mares, he wants to fight.

Originally posted by lazarito52 View Post
                    Mares used low blows against darchinian , acbeko and moreno . He also uses his head a lot and is not punished by the ref...stay away from rigondeaux , he will kill you. Donaire would destroy you too .

Comment

i wonder if the ones hating on Mares are the people that predicted Moreno was going to give Mares a boxing lesson.

Comment

Working...
                      X