Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko make a racist statement about Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    Are you serious?

Racism is deplorable, no one should be subject to abuse based on their nationality or race there's nothing they can do about it.
    That is your opinion. I think everyone is a bit racist and it is all good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      A lot of people care you ****ing dumbass. Black folk like Vitali and sometimes like Wlad.
      And a lot more people do not care a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        You asked "why do people KEEP calling biracial people black?" I answered your question. I didn't say it was right or justified.

There is still that label attached to mixed raced people, the media and general public refer to Obama as the first black president. I'm mixed raced (half Indonesian, half British) and people still refer to me as Asian when I'm probably more ingrained in British culture than Asian and spent the majority of my adult life here.

So how about you look at my answer and use your brain to figure out it was an answer to a question not a means of justification.
        When I said "use your brain" I wasn't talking about you, it was directed at the people who still do this. We all know the history of the one drop rule and all that but it's freaking 2012.

Comment

• **** off with your agenda. Typical plonker attempting to the point finger at some comments that is nothing about race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uturn View Post
            **** off with your agenda. Typical plonker attempting to the point finger at some comments that is nothing about race.
            Can't people discuss things rationally? Vitali made an incendiary comment which could be construed as racially motivated because similar comments have been made by racists for literally centuries. Because of that precedence, it's difficult to determine Vitali's intention behind the comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
              nope not at all, you have to take Haye demeanor and mannerism and you will understand this statement.

I see nothing racist in it.

On the flip side is it only because haye is black that is seems racist to you?
              I agree.. no racism involved here.. everyone has the right to express himself..

Comment

• "Whatever gets him in the ring"

Comment

• It's clear to me that he meant it as a way to describe Haye's manors and how he handles himself. I don't think he meant it in a way that he was being racist, it was just a poor choice of words imo.

Comment

• I have to vote "NOT SURE" because I don't know what is in the man's mind.

I would guess he meant Haye is uncivilized, but whether he meant it racially also is hard to say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kulle View Post
                      That is your opinion. I think everyone is a bit racist and it is all good.
                      I tend to distrust people who pretend they don't have one racist bone in their bodies or have never had a racist thought.

We've all had racist thoughts and probably made a racist remark at one time or another.

To me, an actual *racist* is someone obsessed by race and who actively dislikes and discriminates against people based on their race.
                      Last edited by The Nephilim; 11-12-2012, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X