Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao's Form of Old Shines Through in Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez didn't look spectacular leading up to the 3rd Pacquiao fight either. It's absolutely a styles thing with them.

Pac knows he can't be fcukin about now and won't slack off like he apparently did for the 3rd one, which was supposed to be a cake walk for Pac. Marquez is Pac's Ken Norton 100%

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      You think he'll have slipped that much from the last fight though?

I agree he's on the slide, that's obvious.

But I'm not sure he'll have slipped much since last December.

He looks sharp in camp.
      He does look sharp in camp although I haven't seen any of his vintage combos. And he does look slower, particularly his feet.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He does look sharp in camp although I haven't seen any of his vintage combos. And he does look slower, particularly his feet.
        Yeah his feet have looked slower for a while now and that's a worry for me.

He's in his fourties now isn't he? Or is he just turning 40?

I think if he's the same Marquez from last year he will bring it. The question is will he be?

I haven't seen his last fight but I wouldn't put too much stock into that one considering who he was fighting.

How bad did he look?

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Yeah his feet have looked slower for a while now and that's a worry for me.

He's in his fourties now isn't he? Or is he just turning 40?

I think if he's the same Marquez from last year he will bring it. The question is will he be?

I haven't seen his last fight but I wouldn't put too much stock into that one considering who he was fighting.

How bad did he look?
          He's gotta be around 40, methinks. And he just looked like a fading great fighter. One punch at a time, slower feet, added pop, less speed. Then again, I saw all of those things against Pacquiao too.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            He's gotta be around 40, methinks. And he just looked like a fading great fighter. One punch at a time, slower feet, added pop, less speed. Then again, I saw all of those things against Pacquiao too.
            I saw those things too.

Like I said though, if the same Marquez from last time turns up then Pacquaio will have problems, IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X