Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your honest opinion who "scared" Floyd the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can floyd fans devote themselves to defending him 24/7 day after day. that's just sad

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      Shade, thats not true. Lets say it was, since manny just tried to make a catchweight fight with Cotto for a rematch instead of fighting floyd. Using the logic in this post, does that mean he is afraid of floyd?

mayweather is treating pac like an opponent. where as pac isnt the opponent. Manny is the opponent, floyd is treating manny the same way SRL made Hearns wait 2 years, Hagler 5 years, and fought Duran while he let the hearns fight "marinate". Do you remember this? floyd has also fought bigger fighters, most recently cotto, not at a CW like Manny.

Besides what does 8 titles have to do with anything? Manny is getting treated like Hearns/Duran/ Hagler were. the difference is they wanted to fight SRL so they accepted the offers they got. Oh yeah SRL retired too. DId that mean he was afraid of Hagler?

Was SRL afraid of Hearns because he made him wait? Of course not, it was a business decision, same as floyd.
      well dunn, to cut a long story short, its my opinion that he is terrified of losing his 0 and thats all there is to it. im entitled to my opinion and thats what i believe. if you believe the complete opposite, then as usual, no problem.

Comment

• It's funny that those who hate him the most, make the most threads about him. I guess we should forget Floyd tried to fight Cotto in 05-06 to which Top Rank said Cotto wasn't ready. It was only after Floyd left Top Rank that they started the duck campaign.

Floyd and Pacquiao have BOTH ducked each other their fare share. They never seem to want it at the same time. Back in January it was 50-50 or no fight, now after he signs to fight someone else he says he'll take 55-45. We won't know any more until after the 4th Marquez fight.

Floyd was more than willing to fight Margarito in Late 2006 if Arum could guarantee him the money to fight Margarito, De La Hoya, and Cotto. Arum said he couldn't guarantee him that kind of money. Floyd ended up getting those guarantee's anyway, and fought others he was supposedly ducking as well, Baldomir and Hatton, along with De La Hoya.

And Sergio Martinez is a god damn MW. Maybe you should waste your time on a Sergio is scared to go up in weight and fight Ward, or scared to fight Golovkin.

The fact that a guy who started at 130 lbs is expected to fight full fledge MW's in size, is a testament to unreal expectations.

Also......who was Pacquiao the most afraid of, going by your logic??? Raheem in 2006, Guzman in 06-08, Mosley in 09-10, or Mayweather in 2010????

Pacquiao never fought Raheem, after Raheem beat Morales. Guzman was undefeated and one of the top SFW's around the same time as Manny. Mosley called out Floyd and Manny after he stopped Margarito, Floyd fought him. Meanwhile, Team Pacquiao said they'd only fight him at a CW, and also said they didn't think Floyd would ever fight Mosley because it was "too risky" at the time. But of course Manny fought him after he lost 11 rounds to Floyd and fought a draw with Mora. And Manny openly declined an offer to fight Floyd in March 2010, and didn't agree to testing for 2 years, and only than said he'd take less money after signing to fight someone else. They never want it at the same time.
        Last edited by 4Corners; 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• This is almost the equivalent of saying

Who's Donaire more afraid of?

Gary Russel jr
          Mares
          Moreno
          or
          Ponce de fucking Leon

Comment

• who scared him the most?

the judge that locked him up would be my guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              well dunn, to cut a long story short, its my opinion that he is terrified of losing his 0 and thats all there is to it. im entitled to my opinion and thats what i believe. if you believe the complete opposite, then as usual, no problem.
              thats a lame way of not addressing the post.

if making a fight with cotto equates to fear in your mind well manny just tried to do it again and did it previously, both at CW's. SO by your own logic manny is scared to fight floyd.

thats not an opinion, that just idiotic hate.

Comment

thats a lame way of not addressing the post.

if making a fight with cotto equates to fear in your mind well manny just tried to do it again and did it previously, both at CW's. SO by your own logic manny is scared to fight floyd.

thats not an opinion, that just idiotic hate.
                thats my opinion, just accept it. its not based on just fighting cotto, its alot of things that i really cant be arsed going through again. im entitled to my opinion am i not?!

and im not a hater, you know that. its just the way i see it. a hater wouldnt acknowledge mayweather as the best fighter in the world would he?

Comment

thats my opinion, just accept it. its not based on just fighting cotto, its alot of things that i really cant be arsed going through again. im entitled to my opinion am i not?!

and im not a hater, you know that. its just the way i see it. a hater wouldnt acknowledge mayweather as the best fighter in the world would he?
                  all of us are entitled to their own opinion. But when you pretend that opinion is based on legitimate reasons or facts when they are not, you get called on it.

You sound like a guy saying your not racist because you have black or gay or asain friends. If you have a black friend but use the word ni&&er when he isn't around or use the word fa&&ot when your gay friend isn't around, well then yeah , you would be a racist, even though you have black and gay friends.

SO you can call floyd the best but still be a hater! The fact that you equated fighting cotto with fear of manny, yet didn't say the same thing about manny fighting cotto proves this.

Comment

all of us are entitled to their own opinion. But when you pretend that opinion is based on legitimate reasons or facts when they are not, you get called on it.

You sound like a guy saying your not racist because you have black or gay or asain friends. If you have a black friend but use the word ni&&er when he isn't around or use the word fa&&ot when your gay friend isn't around, well then yeah , you would be a racist, even though you have black and gay friends.

SO you can call floyd the best but still be a hater! The fact that you equated fighting cotto with fear of manny, yet didn't say the same thing about manny fighting cotto proves this.
                    just accept it. jesus!

Comment

just accept it. jesus!
                      just defend it, geez!

Comment

Working...
                      X