Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why was Cotto able to beat Margarito in the rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plaster wasn't allowed.

Comment

Margarito got completely dominated, humiliated and finally knocked out by Mosley.

He then had a year lay-off (oops, I mean ban for trying to load his gloves).

He then got dominated by Pacquiao, breaking his orbital bone in the process.

After yet another year long lay-off he then fought Cotto, when he really shouldn't have been fighting at all (personally I think he should've been banned for life).

Mosley knocked him off his perch, and a few branches hit him on the way down.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
        Margarito got completely dominated, humiliated and finally knocked out by Mosley.

After yet another year long lay-off he then fought Cotto, when he really shouldn't have been fighting at all (personally I think he should've been banned for life).

LOL I never heard that one before. Nice

Comment

No plaster

Margo's eye just swelled up again for no reason (Cotto's punches had nothing to do with it)

Many thought that Cotto would cave in and when he didn't all the excuses for Margo have surfaced

Since Cotto is considered a bum by many and Margo was losing so lopsided he decided to retire since he could not beat a fighter of that low caliber

Capetillo could no longer be his faithful father figure corner man

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post

pretty crude way of breaking it down but pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
              Capetillo could no longer be his faithful father figure corner man
              I was going to put that as one of the poll options but Robert Garcia is an even better trainer than Capetillo so I thought better of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                I was going to put that as one of the poll options but Robert Garcia is an even better trainer than Capetillo so I thought better of it.
                The worked together for years and even that Garcia is the better trainer it might not be the better fit

Comment

What should be on the poll is-Margarito's pride.

The punching bag would still be fighting but he fought like an idiot with his machoism and cost him some boxing life.Im glad Cotto shut the door on his career.

Comment

Originally posted by PinoyNation View Post
                    those are the two near future are the top p4p in your avatar

Comment

cotto has pacquiao to thank for that. if you watch the fight closely, it was almost like a repeat of the cotto-margarito 1 with cotto winning the early and middle rounds but was about to gas out in the final rounds. luckily the ring side doctor stopped the fight. lucky win for cotto who always had questionable stamina

Comment

Working...
                      X