No announcement yet.

Matthyse has not earned a scrap with Danny Garcia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    Matthysse doesn't deserve a fight against Garcia, but he deserves a shot against JMM? huh?? lol
    True but Judah beat Matthyse in a close fight and is still a very good fighter. Judah deserves a shot at Garcia.

Comment

real moral record of matthyse 35-(30ko) - 0

against castañeda 1. Lucas Knocked down this guy but the referre said headbut! and the fight was NC.

He won Vs Alexander and Judah (this last closed)

this guy is undefeated men.

and I forget said this. All fighters who fought mathysse were Ko'ed.
      Last edited by sergiod1981; 11-05-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
        True but Judah beat Matthyse in a close fight and is still a very good fighter. Judah deserves a shot at Garcia.
        I hold Marquez to a higher regard than Garcia.

What should've happened:
        -Garcia/Matthysse
        -Peterson/Judah

Winners would fight each other. But there wasn't enough money in the latter, so Judah decided to fight Garcia instead. I don't have a problem with Garcia/Judah, but he's not the most worthy option imho. As long as Garcia fights Lucas next, then it's all water under the bridge.

Comment

Matthyse

Back in the day a fighter worked his way to the top now if the money is there then the fight will be made beside FM/MP I think Matthyse vs Garcia woud be a good scrap giving the edge to Matthyse.

Comment

If Lucas wouldn't had got jobbed in his two loses he would had been top dog in the division. He is the only one fighting the any legit threat.

I Lucas/Garcia fight is one of the better fights out there right now.

The problem is that Garcia got a decent payday in the first Morales fight, another good one with Khan and then another good one against Morales.

He got all those opportunities cause he is percieved as a limited beatable guy.

I doubt he will make any decent money with Lucas and they will have to force him to make the fight against him
            Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 11-05-2012, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saracen View Post
              Matthyse lost to Devon and Zab, and beat a career 135 lber. He does not deserve a shot at the current main man at 140 at all.

When Matthyse actually beats a top JWW, then he deserves a shot.

Plus Soto had family issues.
              You clearly dunno **** about boxing. You're either a Garcia or Soto lover. Matthysse dismantled a guy Garcia avoided for 2 years if Im not mistaken so yea he earned his shot. Try again.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                You clearly dunno **** about boxing. You're either a Garcia or Soto lover. Matthysse dismantled a guy Garcia avoided for 2 years if Im not mistaken so yea he earned his shot. Try again.
                Ajose had been the official mandatory since he beat Ali Chebah in 9/30/11. That fight should've been for the WBC title, but Morales/Cano was sanctioned for it instead, strike 1. Garcia/Morales happens instead of Ajose/Morales, strike 2. Garcia/Khan was not supposed to be for the title, so Ajose got shafted AGAIN, strike 3. Then he had to fight Matthysse and wound up losing his mandatory status. I have my fingers crossed that Lucas doesn't get the same run around. We know WBC is partial to Hispanics, and Martinez is their MW champion, so I don't think Lucas will get shafted as bad. I expect Garcia to defend his belt against Matthysse in the summer.
                Last edited by kiaba360; 11-05-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Ajose had been the official mandatory since he beat Ali Chebah in 9/30/11. That fight should've been for the WBC title, but Morales/Cano was sanctioned for it instead, strike 1. Garcia/Morales happens instead od Ajose/Morales, strike 2. Garcia/Khan was not supposed to be for the title, so Ajose got shafted AGAIN, strike 3. Then he had to fight Matthysse and wound up losing his mandatory status. I have my fingers crossed that Lucas doesn't get the same run around. We know WBC is partial to Hispanics, and Martinez is their MW champion, so I don't think Lucas will get shafted as bad. I expect Garcia to defend his belt against Matthysse in the summer.
                  Yea but we know how the WBC along with HBO treated Martinez. I have my mind set that Lucas will get the same treatment as Ajose. Simply cause there's no money in him. Not only the WBC but I believe GBP will not make Garcia-Matthysse either.

When I heard Matthysse-Ajose was made I felt so bad for Ajose cause I was almost certain that he would lose (giving him a slight chance of winning). And of course he would lose his shot at the WBC belt as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    Yea but we know how the WBC along with HBO treated Martinez. I have my mind set that Lucas will get the same treatment as Ajose. Simply cause there's no money in him. Not only the WBC but I believe GBP will not make Garcia-Matthysse either.

When I heard Matthysse-Ajose was made I felt so bad for Ajose cause I was almost certain that he would lose (giving him a slight chance of winning). And of course he would lose his shot at the WBC belt as well.
                    So how long do you see Matthysse being used as the WBC gatekeeper? I don't see anyone beating him right now. Matthysse is the type of fighter that is made for the highlight reels. It shouldn't be difficult task to market him, so the $$$ excuse doesn't hold weight to me. Put him on the Barclay under-card next to Garcia. IDK who they'd match him up against, cuz I don't think there aren't any notable options that would be available for January. GBP has a thin 140lb stable, so they'd have to make a cross-promotional match-up with the likes of Mayfield/Cuenca/Shafikov/Dallas Jr.

But I don't think GBP cares enough about Lucas to do so. Greed is such a bitch.

Comment

Ridiculous. Matthyse more than deserves a shot, and I cant think of a single real boxing fan who wouldnt want to see that fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X