Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Not Impressed: Hope To Give Bute Another Pasting!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope Bute takes a re-match. Next up after that for Froch, Kessler and then Ward. It's known that The Cobra WOULD take a Ward re-match - the man is a fearless warrior.

Comment

If I was in Bute's shoes I'd fight Froch next. I got nothing to lose and it would be hard to do worse than the 1st time around. He should go out on his shield, if he's even a bit competitive he'll get some props.

Comment

I LOVE Froch's confidence, he's one of the few British fighters that deserves to trash talk considering the gauntlet he was put through in his career. Facing elite competition over and over again and coming up with impressive wins.

However the rematch will be a lot closer IMO. Not saying Froch will lose, but it will be close.

Comment

The current plan would see Froch getting stripped for rematching Bute, while Adonis Stevenson gets to fight for the vacant title.

Perhaps a better idea would be to do Bute-Stevenson with the winner facing Froch. For Bute it'd be another confidence-builder against a guy who is less likely to knock him out. For Stevenson it'd be a fight which would build his popularity in Canada and pay nicely as well, plus a win would mean he gets the shot at Froch and announces himself on the big stage.

I don't suppose they'll go for it, and it wouldn't really suit Froch either as it leaves him without a quality opponent for the second fight in a row and means he risks missing out a big payday. But if something could be worked out then it's worth considering IMO.

Comment

Froch would destroy Bute in a rematch. As far as Stevenson is concerned, they both don't want a piece of him. Very heavy handed, southpaw and he is unknown outside of Montreal.

Comment

No need for a rematch Froch will end Bute career if they fight again.

Comment

Froch took Bute's soul last time out, and made him a completely gun shy, shattered version of himself.

Grachev isn't a pushover by any means, but he was there to be hit the entire night and Bute couldn't pull the trigger.

Can't wait to see Froch destroy that protected regional champ again.

Comment

So strange. Bute is screwed if he fights Froch again because he will most likely get knocked out again. Cobra is in a similar boat because he will most likely get outclassed again if he fights Ward. So bizarre considering how it all looked just a year ago.

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  The current plan would see Froch getting stripped for rematching Bute, while Adonis Stevenson gets to fight for the vacant title.

Perhaps a better idea would be to do Bute-Stevenson with the winner facing Froch. For Bute it'd be another confidence-builder against a guy who is less likely to knock him out. For Stevenson it'd be a fight which would build his popularity in Canada and pay nicely as well, plus a win would mean he gets the shot at Froch and announces himself on the big stage.

I don't suppose they'll go for it, and it wouldn't really suit Froch either as it leaves him without a quality opponent for the second fight in a row and means he risks missing out a big payday. But if something could be worked out then it's worth considering IMO.
                  Good idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X