Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 50 Cent: Ellerbe a Bum, Floyd Jr. a Punk - Fight Gamboa!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is ******ed...........

Comment

• Originally posted by stefl14 View Post
      Come on man. Each to their own but Pac is way overrated due to him being dead. I don't think Pac was that versatile tbh, he never dropped anything that lyrically impressive to me. But even if he was versatile so what, I prefer a master than a jack of all trades myself. Also, how can it not be argued that Rakim is better than Tupac? I think its the other way round myself. BTW you mention Tupac's versatility, but can you imagine him dropping the fire that big l did - I don't think so.
      It certainly can.

My Top 10, just my opinion,

Nas
      Eminem
      Rakim
      KRS-One
      2Pac
      Big Daddy Kane
      Black Thought (so so so so underrated)
      Jay-Z
      Common
      Ice Cube (again, so so so so underrated)

Honorable mentions,

Biggie
      Scarface
      Big L
      Kool G Rap
      Slick Rick
      Mos Def
      Chuck D
      AZ
      Too Short
      Kurupt
      Jadakiss
      Del Tha Funky ****sapien

Best Up and Coming Rappers,

Kendrick Lamar
      J Cole
      Big KRIT
      Logic
      Macklemore (this white boy can spit about meaningful s**t)
      Yelawolf (really underrated lyrics)
      Last edited by 4Corners; 11-03-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        It certainly can.

My Top 10, just my opinion,

Nas
        Eminem
        Rakim
        KRS-One
        2Pac
        Big Daddy Kane
        Black Thought (so so so so underrated)
        Jay-Z
        Common
        Ice Cube (again, so so so so underrated)

Honorable mentions,

Biggie
        Scarface
        Big L
        Kool G Rap
        Slick Rick
        Mos Def
        Chuck D
        AZ
        Too Short
        Kurupt
        Jadakiss
        Del Tha Funky ****sapien

Best Up and Coming Rappers,

Kendrick Lamar
        J Cole
        Big KRIT
        Logic
        Macklemore (this white boy can spit about meaningful s**t)
        Yelawolf (really underrated lyrics)
        kurupt is HORRIBLE

nothing but gang talk and he's so off rhythm with his beats

Comment

• Originally posted by negged View Post
          kurupt is HORRIBLE

nothing but gang talk and he's so off rhythm with his beats
          Different strokes for different folks. Kurupt was dope man. Biggie was nothing but streets, women, and drug dealing lyrics, but no one really brings that up with him. Kurupt could spit.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
            Nas and Em aren't whack.......they're arguably 2 of the greatest lyricists in hip hop and best rappers alive.
            Most people on the west coast could care less about nas and em, tbh. Maybe em and nas had a couple good albums 10 years ago. Quite frankly I don't think either are very good or ever were and are both incredibly overrated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
              this is ******ed...........
              Bad times to be a floydiot, eh Larry? 'TMT taking over baxxing y'all!!'

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                lol @ people debating album sales. Most all these rappers mentioned are whack as hell (50, kayne, nas, em) or at best had a good album or two then turned whack. selling a million records doesn't mean they are lyrically great rappers it just means a million people are ****** as fuck.
                i stopped paying attention to record sales a long time ago. i had no choice. my favorite artists never sell alot. lol. im a huge joe budden stan now tho. he doesnt really sell. oh well who cares.

Comment

Most people on the west coast could care less about nas and em, tbh. Maybe em and nas had a couple good albums 10 years ago. Quite frankly I don't think either are very good or ever were and are both incredibly overrated.
                  ehhh i dunno how u can say that. i dunno what they listen to on the west coast, but those two are universally accepted as being among the top 5 living.

Comment

Who do you like??? You must enjoy really really underground stuff or something. Em and Nas are very lyrical, and can out spit just about anyone. It's all taste, but Biggie is probably the most overrated emcee in my eyes. He doesn't have near the resume to be in the Top 10 in my opinion, and wasn't on the level lyrically as an Nas, Em, Rakim, etc.

Plus another thing no one is mentioning is originality. No other hip hop artist would come out with a song about their biggest fan being crazy and kid napping his girlfriend and driving drunk to kill both of them, and then Em realizing it was him he saw on the news a few weeks ago. Who would mae a song like that, and turn it into a classic??? Em is HANDS DOWN one of the greatest story tellers Hip Hop has ever seen, in top his effortlessly sounding complex syllables and rhymes, he can do just about anything.

Comment

• All this talk of great rappers and no love for the late, great GURU?

Comment

Working...
                      X