No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe Roasts 50 Cent Over Floyd Mayweather Jabs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    So what, 50 has money. It's good that he doesn't care as much about money as he does as getting his figthers in the ring!

50 paid Bob to work with him. Good for Bob and 50! Which is good for boxing!
    Agree!

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      Do you really read what you type? These fighters would have had fights this year regardless! The exception is maybe Dirrell. And yes, all three of those fighters signed under false pretenses. There is no way in the world they would have signed up if they knew Floyd would not be involved.
      I know he isn't their manager, but somebody has to got to play the role of promoter or else the fight won't happen, right? They are signed with him, so therefore he's promoting on their behalf. IDK how much of the finances 50 will have to be responsible for in cases of a cross-promotional bout, but he's going to be involved somehow.

I'm largely ignorant about the business aspect of boxing, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        Yeah, it's amazing. I feel bad for Gamboa, but at the same time, who really knows just what type of really dirty contract he originally had with Top Rank.

50 made quite a bad business move in today's boxing by burning bridges with both Haymon and Golden Boy. How do you start a promotional company by burning bridges with two of the most powerful figures in boxing today? The only saving grace is if Golden Boy and/or Haymon are forgiving.
        his other fighter is already on a golden boy show. Besides floyd talked way more trash about oscar didnt hurt him

Comment

Didn't Leonard "Can I braid your pubes Floyd" Ellerbie learn anything the last time when prince splattered his blood all over the gym and put him in the hospital? Seems like he's asking for another azz kicking

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            When Gamboa/Dirrell/Dib make it to the point where GBP needs them for a match-up, then we'll see what's really up. Until then, at least they got fights lol
            In the end that's all I care about. They were all going stale with Floyd promoting. Only Mayweather Promotions fighter I've seen pop up on recent cards is J'Leon Love who fought on ShoBox earlier and on the Fox card tomorrow night.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              In the end that's all I care about. They were all going stale with Floyd promoting. Only Mayweather Promotions fighter I've seen pop up on recent cards is J'Leon Love who fought on ShoBox earlier and on the Fox card tomorrow night.
              Real talk, and I think Love has potential too. How many fighters does Mayweather have in his stable? The only fighter that I'm aware of is Love, and that can't be a good thing.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 11-02-2012, 08:32 PM.

Comment

lol LOL this love triangle between 50 cent, Floyd and Ellerbe is comedy. Ellerbe is happy now he gets Floyd all to himself. Ellerbe is the one that wears the dress for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Real talk, and I think Love has potential too. How many fighters does Mayweather have in his stable?
                  I believe its just Love, Caballero and Lattimore.

Comment

You heard that Mayweather fans? You're no longer allowed to put the #moneyteam hashtag at the end of your tweets. You're not part of it. Only Mayweather is.
                    Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-02-2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      I believe its just Love, Caballero and Lattimore.
                      Wait, how long has he been a promoter? 2010 right?? Would've thought his stable would be bigger at this point.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 11-02-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X