Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ellerbe Roasts 50 Cent Over Floyd Mayweather Jabs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn Ellerbie must of been doing cart wheels when floyd and 50 broke up. 5o was stealing all Ellerbies floyd time now he got it back. Every time Floyd and Ellerbie are together all you can smell is egg salad and Vaseline

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Beltran is a respectable fighter @130, and he just came off a competitive loss against Martinez. He's still fresh in people's minds and if Gamboa can put on an immaculate performance, he's right back in the swing of things. It's a good come-back fight for him.

IDK what fans were expecting. Did you think that 50 was gonna sign Gamboa and have him fight only on GBP cards? What's going to set SMS apart is that their fighters are going to be able to fight anyone, regardless of their promotional affiliation. Sure I could be wrong, and SMS could become exclusively connected to TR, but how much sense does that make? Absolutely NONE. If that's the case, then 50 shouldn't even bother becoming a promoter.
      That's the thing. He's burned bridges with Haymon and possibly Golden Boy already. We'll see how it plays out though.

It just seems like Gamboa wasted a year of his prime that he will never get back and in the end, Top Rank is still profiting off of his talent.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        So 50 Cent should just let Gamboa and Dirrell careers go to **** because Mayweather don't want to pay the money to get them with his Promotion?

I respect the fact that 50 Cent is stepping up for these fighters and refuse to let their careers just go to ****...it is all about MONEY for all of these Promotions so if they can make money with SMS Promotions I don't see Golden Boy or Top Rank passing up that opportunity

I think 50 will be successful at this Promotion stuff and others will jump ship if he does well with Dirrell and Gamboa...of course once he gets Licensed in Nevada and all that stuff then he will have his own Card and Events likely

Good Luck to him I hope he does well especially for Gamboa and Dirrell sake! Need to add some young prospect too though!
        50s gonna look stupid if Yuri goes out there and looses. Hes moving up with a suspect chin already, and he hasnt fought in over a yr. I havent heard anything about Yuri training at Floyds gym anymore. Im sure this Floyd and 50 scuffle probably has Yuri feeling a little uneasy. His carreer is at a crossroads too. I might just bet the other guy.

Comment

Originally posted by EdMon917 View Post
          LOL That is why Floyd is staying quiet. Floyd knows better than to be on 50's bad side. 50 lives off of beefing with people. I'm sure he has some dirt on The Money Team. RIP Leonard Ellerbe.
          I cant believe Floyd ain't said nothing!! He has time to talk about Pacquaio being desperate. I can only imagine the apologizing he had to do to Oscar and Haymon. Poor Ellerbe, he sat there every 24/7 and watched Floyd be best friends with fif and now has something to say. Ellerbe is a puppet, hope he's paid nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            That's the thing. He's burned bridges with Haymon and possibly Golden Boy already. We'll see how it plays out though.

It just seems like Gamboa wasted a year of his prime that he will never get back and in the end, Top Rank is still profiting off of his talent.
            When Gamboa/Dirrell/Dib make it to the point where GBP needs them for a match-up, then we'll see what's really up. Until then, at least they got fights lol

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              I don't think 50 is getting enough credit. Maybe he signed those fighters under false pretense, but at least he's taking responsibility for their careers. He has three fighters, and all of them are planning to fight before years end, it sounds like he's doing something right.
              Do you really read what you type? These fighters would have had fights this year regardless! The exception is maybe Dirrell. And yes, all three of those fighters signed under false pretenses. There is no way in the world they would have signed up if they knew Floyd would not be involved.

Comment

Aaand here he goes again. Leonard "Praise-Almighty-Lord-Floyd-Mayweather" Ellerbe. Floyd's personal nut-hugging hypeman.

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                Damn Ellerbie must of been doing cart wheels when floyd and 50 broke up. 5o was stealing all Ellerbies floyd time now he got it back. Every time Floyd and Ellerbie are together all you can smell is egg salad and Vaseline
                LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
                  I cant believe Floyd ain't said nothing!! He has time to talk about Pacquaio being desperate. I can only imagine the apologizing he had to do to Oscar and Haymon. Poor Ellerbe, he sat there every 24/7 and watched Floyd be best friends with fif and now has something to say. Ellerbe is a puppet, hope he's paid nicely!
                  Floyd commented on this long time ago on the radio (Hot 97, New York). He's basically taking the high road. He said that no matter what 50 Cent says about him, he will never respond back negatively.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post

Yeah, it's amazing. I feel bad for Gamboa, but at the same time, who really knows just what type of really dirty contract he originally had with Top Rank.

50 made quite a bad business move in today's boxing by burning bridges with both Haymon and Golden Boy. How do you start a promotional company by burning bridges with two of the most powerful figures in boxing today? The only saving grace is if Golden Boy and/or Haymon are forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                      Yeah, it's amazing. I feel bad for Gamboa, but at the same time, who really knows just what type of really dirty contract he originally had with Top Rank.

50 made quite a bad business move in today's boxing by burning bridges with both Haymon and Golden Boy. How do you start a promotional company by burning bridges with two of the most powerful figures in boxing today? The only saving grace is if Golden Boy and/or Haymon are forgiving.
                      Or did he? He's putting Billy Dib on the Cotto undercard which is co promoted by GBP. Like I said, promoting wise, 50 at the moment is doing better than Mayweather. Look where he's putting Gamboa and Dib, now he just needs find an event for Dirrell. While you could blame Caballero getting stripped on Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                      X