No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Pacquiao is Desperate, He's On The Decline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
    Floyd has no inclination to prove he's the best. Some people will give up things just to have that chance. Not Floyd.

Bottom line will always be: He's scared.
    So Mannys team pulls out of negotiations 2 times and Floyds scared. Is that how it works. Just lean over and choke yourself please.

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
      SO TRUE. u know I admit that Pac couldve done a lot more in '09 to mkae the fight happen, and for that he'l always be partially to blame. but for the past 2 1/2 yrs, Pac has wanted the fight. we know Arum hasnt, but like I said before, Mayweather should care about his own Legacy - he doesnt. only the easiest fights that appear to be challenegs - Cotto, Marquez, etc.,
      Not true. Team Pac has gone back and forth over simple testing, I've literally lost count.

One minute Manny was saying "He'll take the tests", then the next minute he was saying "Let the commission do their job".

Then earlier this year before Mayweather went to jail, Arum's excuse was "Manny has a cut over his eye", but he was trying schedule Manny to fight around the same time frame Mayweather was asking.

Team Pac has been to blame much longer than Mayweather here.

Now it's really Mayweather's fault.
      Last edited by BoxingGenius27; 10-31-2012, 04:16 PM.

Comment

some of these floyd fans are straight delusional. they can never admit one negative thing about him even though he is completely full of it and in actuality, doesnt care at all about his fans or what fights his fans want to see
        Floyd fans will give up everything for Floyd. Floyd gives nothing in return -- retire, vacation, duck, duck, duck. Floyd will screw them and they'll still love him for it.

Comment

• Well he is on the decline. He hasn't exactly look great in his last three fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
            So Mannys team pulls out of negotiations 2 times and Floyds scared. Is that how it works. Just lean over and choke yourself please.
            Drug testing was no longer an issue. Floyd came up with another excuse not to fight. Pac's mistake was not calling Floyd's first bluff. Floyd would have been exposed early.

In the second negotiation, Floyd went on a long vacation and hanged out with Don King.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
              I hear your argument, but you're getting today's problems mixed up with the problems from 4-5 years ago. My thing is this and it's simple.

Why no talk of Arum in 2008?

If we're going off facts, Floyd never mentioned Arum being an obstacle to Floyd-Cotto happening.

Floyd mentioned the following:

1. Vacations
              2. Retirements
              3. Cotto has no fan base
              4. Cotto lives to far
              5. ODLH-Mayweather II (rematch)

These are quotes from Mayweather, directly from the horses mouth.

So I'll ask you again Wess, out of all these excuses, why no "I'm trying to make the fight, but Arums getting in the way", like what was obviously the case now with Pac?

That was my favorite.
              I think a lot of boxing fans are over the hype of this fight but no doubt everyone will still be watching regardless of how past it they are.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
                Not true. Team Pac has gone back and forth over simple testing, I've literally lost count.

One minute Manny was saying "He'll take the tests", then the next minute he was saying "Let the commission do their job".

Then earlier this year before Mayweather went to jail, Arum's excuse was "Manny has a cut over his eye", but he was trying schedule Manny to fight around the same time frame Mayweather was asking.

Team Pac has been to blame much longer than Mayweather here.

Now it's really Mayweather's fault.
                no argument there - arum is to blame just as much as floyd. BUT, the steroid testing has been agreed to for a while. u were saying it before, now I will - show me an article in '11 or '12 where Pac or Arum says they wont take full testing

Comment

• and, as I said above, its arum - who obviously only cares about $. Pac actually wants this fight now. when has Mayweather given any indication he wants this fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                    Floyd tells Haymond who hes fighting and its Haymond who gets it done. Thats the difference between him and Pac. Pac comes out and says I wanted Bradley.Then Roach comes out and says I wanted Garcia. Yet they end up in the ring with Marquez for the 4th time. That tells me whos wearing the pants. Thank you
                    Wrong..
                    Pacquiao wanted Marquez. Roach wanted Bradley's rematch since day one. Fact.. And guess what?! Manny is fighting Marquez next! Think before typing something you know nothing about!

You're welcome!

Comment

wat offers? floyd gives Pac 40 mil and keeps 100% of PPV upside - hundreds of millions. yeah that was legit. if u recall, Arum, who we all know doesnt want the fight, countered with 50 mil for floyd - which was also ridiculous, but really just meant to show the absurdity of floyds offer. some of these floyd fans are straight delusional. they can never admit one negative thing about him even though he is completely full of it and in actuality, doesnt care at all abuot his fans or what fights his fans want to see
                      Arum also said they were moving forward with Bradley in the same sentence. I dont blame Arum for passing on the 40mil offer. It wasnt horrible but TR would be crushed if he accepted. And part of negotiating is reputation and Arums would be crushed if he let Manny sign that deal. No fighter would want to sign withTR after that. But 09s offer was a 50/50 split and they passed. No excuse for that. They didnt want it plain and simple.

Comment

Working...
                      X