Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry. I just rewatched Wladimir vs Haye. Why all the blame on Haye?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    from ESPN:

@danrafaelespn Too bad this isn't hurricane David Haye, it would flop around for 36 minutes and then blame its #toe.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      It was a chess match - one I found intriguing. Haye simply did not throw enough to win and although the final score was wide, the rounds were very competitive. I thought Wladimir fought a smart, smart fight.
      is this guy suffering from down syndrome or what???
      a chess match???
      i hope this doesnt signal the klitschko circlejerk group to start endlessly nutthugging.
      sheesh!!!

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
        Haye put in more of an effort than Adamek but you never hear anyone question Adamek's effort.
        Adamek went out his shield while Haye left his shield at home.

Comment

Amazing the things that people will say to defend a fighter they like. Haye was afraid to engage and it was blatant. After the fight, no one was defending him. But, give it enough time and people start back with bs threads like this. ..

Comment

This thread makes me wonder if some of you just started watching boxing or have never seen Wlad fight, he did against Haye what he normally does so I don't know why anyone would expect him to have been less defense minded.

Since what Wlad was doing was working even if not the most entertaining and he was winning rds that way it was totally incumbent on Haye to do something different to change the course of the fight in his favor thus making the lack of action Haye's fault.

Comment

Wlad was winning... It wasnt up to him to press the action. Haye as the smaller guy with power was expected (and really thats the only way he could win) to go inside and fight. Wlad did his usual... Dominated. Cant hate on that no matter how boring it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                Went out on his shield = stand there and get punched repeatedly in the head like a spaz. HERO!

Comment

I've always said that Haye didn't do AS BAD as most people thought. I think he got waaay to much ****. But I guess that's what happens when you talk the talk, and don't walk the walk.

According to Compubox he even outlanded Wlad in terms of power punches (an interesting thing, if you go back and watch the HBO broadcast, they don't show power punch numbers after the fight! Neither do they mention it. Kind of strange IMO)

Other than maybe Price (who really would benefit from facing a couple of decent opponent before facing Wlad/Vit) there is hardly anyone I would favor over Haye at the moment at HW, and he probably brings more money to the table than anyone else. Makes all the sense in the world for Vitali to fight him, unless he wants an easy payday against some chubby cab driver.
                  Last edited by Bring It On; 10-30-2012, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                    Why, because he got beat up?

I understand the hate towards Haye, and, clearly, his game plan was wrong.

Rounds 3/5/6 were key IMO. Haye landed a telling right in R3 that visibly shook Wladimir; but he failed to follow it up. In round 5 or 6, Wladimir let his right hand go, and rocked Haye. Thereafter, Haye ran.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Went out on his shield = stand there and get punched repeatedly in the head like a spaz. HERO!
                      I have all the respect in the world with how Adamek has carried himself as a heavyweight and I have zero respect for Haye.

Comment

Working...
                      X